Chapter 52: "Seemann"

Revenge, vengeance. Who doesn't like the feeling that produces within your chest, near your heart and soul? It probably is the most bittersweet thing ever. It feels good the first five minutes, but then, the guilt comes.

Revenge always comes with a price, doesn't it?

''And remember, behave yourself.'' I said to Jamie, who was in my arms with his wrapped around my neck. I knocked Michael's door twice. ''Did you have fun with them?''

''Can I see them tomorrow?'' Jamie pouted with puppy eyes after nodding his head.

''Well, tomorrow they have class with me, so I don't know if they will be able to.'' I sighed, kissing his forehead. ''Now you're going to meet uncle Michael, right? You will like him so much.''

''Right, mama.'' He said, playing with a lock of my hair.

''So, look who's here?'' Michael exclaimed opening the door. I rolled my eyes laughing. ''Hi darling.'' He said to me and I winked, laughing then. ''Do you want to go with me, dude?''

''Fassbender, he's only two.'' I mumbled and he took Jamie away from my arms.

''I know, but I'm his uncle now.'' He said laughing. ''Am I?''

''You are.'' Jamie replied giggling, hugging him quickly. That kid wouldn't have any issue talking with people for sure. So I went to the kitchen after dropping all of the stuff I needed in the livingroom. Michael followed me after a few. It was weird. And after all, we had dinner and luckily Michael didn't burn his own kitchen.

''So, this kid is...'' Michael said when we finished dinner.

''I told you, he's the smallest version of James.'' I sighed. He put his right arm around my shoulders, kissing one side of my head then. ''But I still miss him, you know?''

''I know you do, my dear, I know. But everything is going to be okay. The kid is happy, and you have me to get your back anytime you need. That's what we do.'' He sighed, holding me close while a few tears fell off my eyes. ''Could you open the door? I'm going to clean this mess.''

''Sure.'' I nodded my head, watching Jamie having fun with a teddy bear as I made my way towards the main door.

''Hi is Michael...?'' His voice said. I froze.

''James?'' I mumbled, looking at him carefully.

''Victoria?'' He asked too. ''What...?''

''That's the same question I should be doing.'' I hissed, going outside without closing the door.

''It's been years.'' He replied.

''Since you abandoned me? Sure. Two exactly.'' I said. ''See James, there are things you...''

''Mama?'' Jamie asked me from the inside.

''I'm coming honey!'' I exclaimed. ''James, I have to go, Michael's in the kitchen and...''

''Do you have a kid?'' He asked, grabbing my hand softly.

''Jamie.'' I affirmed.

''How old is...?''

''Two years old.'' I stated. ''And now, if you let me, my son needs me.''

''He is my son? He can't...'' James asked following me to the living room, where Jamie was waiting for me.

''Indeed he is. Prove it yourself.'' I sighed, crouching in front of Jamie. ''What's wrong, sweetheart?''

''I'm tired.'' Jamie whispered, rubbing his eyes. ''And uncle Michael gave me this teddy bear.''

''Soon we'll go home, okay?'' I smiled, fixing his blonde hair. ''Why don't you play with the teddy bear until then?''

''Okay.'' He nodded his little head yawning, looking then at James, who was paralyzed and really pale, looking at Jamie.

''I love you.'' I sighed, kissing his forehead.

''I love you too, mama.'' His little voice said.

''He is my son.'' James said grabbing my hand again while I was about to go to the kitchen. ''Why you didn't tell me?''

''Why you didn't tell me they threatened you?'' I replied bitterly.

''James? What are you doing here?'' Michael's voice asked, surprised, nervous. ''Oh, okay, I forgot I told you yesterday morning to come here tonight.''

''We can talk about this.'' James said after nodding his head to Michael.

''I have to take my son home, he's fallen asleep on the couch.'' I mumbled.

''If you guys want to have a chat, I can take care of the kid tonight.'' Michael said. I gave him a dead look.

''I don't think it's a good idea.'' I sighed. ''He's waking up really often at night because of nightmares.''

''Victoria...'' Michael said again. ''The kid will be okay. Do this for him.''

''Let me carry him to the bed at least.'' I mumbled, walking into the living room to get Jamie in my arms.

''Mom, are we going home?'' The little blonde haired asked me sleepy, with the teddy bear in his hands.

''No honey, mom has a few things to do, so you're staying with uncle Michael, okay?'' I replied kissing his forehead.

''I don't want you to go.'' He pouted.

''Nor do I, my love.'' I sighed. ''But as soon as I can, I'll be with you. I'll tell uncle Michael to tell you a story, okay?''

''Okay.'' He mumbled with his eyes barely open.

''I love you.'' I whispered, leaving the door almost closed. ''Michael, could you tell him a story, please?''

''No problem.'' He said, nodding his head. ''You two be careful.''

''Don't worry, she will be okay.'' James said. I grabbed my coat after explaining Michael everything just in case Jamie cried or woke up. First things first.