Chapter 34: ''Land Of Hope and Dreams".

After giving us a break and seeing the sunset, we decided to come back to the house we rented to spend those days. I felt a bit tired, so, before we sat outside, I cleaned myself, and also my stomach's scar as the doctors said.

I was having a good time with James there, the first time since a long time. I had no worries, and it really helped, like feeling James calm and happy, or at least I could say that.

If it were up to me, I'd be there forever with him, it was the safest and the calmest place I'd ever known.

''So, what are you going to do?'' I asked James. ''With work, I mean.''

''I'll be with you, you don't have to worry about that.'' He explained. ''I've talked with the director and there's no problem.''

''I hope so.'' I sighed.

''Dear, come on.'' He chuckled. ''The worst things are over now, so relax and keep calm.'' He said taking my chin with his fingers.

''I'll try.'' I replied. He giggled again before giving me a kiss. ''What's funny?''

''The face you make when you worry.'' He said and I grumbled, but before I could say anything else, he was kissing me again.

''I hate when you try to shut me up like this.'' I said laughing. I was about to tell him something when my phone ringed.

''I'm going to leave you alone to talk, okay?'' James said and kissed my forehead. Then, I picked up the phone.

''Victoria?'' A male voice asked.

''Mikko?'' I mumbled.

''How are you?'' He asked and I rolled my eyes.

''What do you want?'' I asked.

''I wanted to know about you, I'm still your brother and it's been a lot since...''

''Since what? Since you didn't call me first to know how I was?'' I said. ''Get the fuck off, to be honest.''

''Woah, woah, keep calm girl.'' He said.

''You didn't even pick up the phone to ask how I felt, or if I had a problem.'' I replied. ''But it doesn't make any sense when I'm safe right now.''

''I called James, and I thought you both were together.'' He answered.

''Mikko, I don't care right now.'' I sighed. ''You and mom could've asked me, and also you could have been by my side with the illness and you weren't because you disappeared.''

''What illness? The fuck is going on?''

''One day maybe we'll meet.'' I said. ''Bye, Mikko.'' I hung up.

''Is everything okay?'' I heard James ask behind me.

''I guess so.'' I sighed and smiled looking at him.

''You look tired.'' He whispered and hugged me. ''And you were shouting things in German.''

''And so I am.'' I chuckled. ''But I'm fine.''

''If you need to talk about it...'' He suggested.

''It was my brother.'' I shrugged as I still hugged him. ''He always does this.''

''Look, we can go out like today tomorrow morning.'' James said. ''So you don't think about it.''

''It's not a bad idea.'' I nodded my head.

''Are you sure you're okay?'' He asked again.

''I'm okay.'' I mumbled. ''But it makes me feel like shit.''