Chapter 41: "Maniac"

''James, do not open that door.'' I mumbled grabbing his arm. ''Please.''

''And what are you going to do?'' He snorted. ''Stay home until that person goes away?''

''Let me make things my own way, right?'' I said, getting up the best I could.

''Victoria.'' He said.

''Please.'' I replied. He shook his head as he watched me go away, just to open the door. When I was there, I took a deep breath, preparing myself. I froze when I saw her face again after more than a year. ''What the fuck are you doing here?'' I asked my mother.

''Good to see you, daughter.'' She said and tried to go inside, but I blocked her. ''Are you going to leave me here outside alone?''

''You're not going to come in.'' I replied coldly. ''What do you want?''

''Your brother told me about your state.'' She said. ''And also that James cheated on you.''

''Bullshit.'' I hissed. ''You and Mikko just say bullshit!''

''Calm down, dear.'' She chuckled. ''I'm still your mother, don't forget that.''

''Yes, unfortunately you are.'' I said. ''Your dear son caused all of this.''

''Have you read the letter I sent you?'' She asked.

''You know what?'' I sighed. ''Pretend like you just have your son, for you I'm dead.''

''Your father would be very disappointed with your attitude.'' She said. It got me on my nerves.

''Don't even mention him.'' I hissed again. ''You and your damn son hid me the disease he suffered, and if it were up to you both, you wouldn't have told me about it.''

''Victoria, stop.'' I heard James say behind me.

''Well, well, well... So you are together again.'' She chuckled. ''Have fun with the cheater, my dear.''

''I won't consent this.'' I shouted. ''You've never cared about me and you just come to my house to fuck around. What do you want? What have I done to you? Am I that bad to deserve this?'' I cried out.

''Ma'am, get the fuck away from here, this is enough.'' James hissed too, slamming the door.

''How does she dare.'' I mumbled as my eyes filled with tears. I fell on my knees, they were shaking. ''He told me once he was proud of me.'' I sobbed.

''It's okay, babe.'' James whispered as he held me close in his arms.

''She's just feeding the rage monster again.'' I shook my head. ''I'm ashamed to be her daughter.''

''Listen to me.'' He said kissing my head. ''What was your favourite animal when you were a child?'' He asked to distract me.

''I loved iguanas.'' I sobbed, drying my face.

''Why did you loved them?'' He asked softly.

''They were colorful.'' I whispered. ''They had so much green.''

''Did you have one?'' He said.

''No, just a dog, but one of my friends had one.'' I replied this time without cry, but tired.

''That's my girl.'' James whispered, kissing again my head. ''I need you to get up, okay?''

''Where are we going?'' I mumbled, grabbing his left arm.

''Bedroom.'' He replied, picking me up from the floor. ''I've got to heal your wound, do you remember?''

''Yeah... Sorry.'' I whispered.