chapter 22-plan gone wrong...for good?

Start from the beginning

Mom looked at me in total shock.

"Cammy, I didn't know that you were this good at making plans. I'm proud of you." Mom said hugging me.

"Thanks mom. I am your daughter, of course I'll have some qualities of you in me. Thanks to my genes." I winked.

"That's like my girl. But do you think that our plan will work?" She asked.

"Of course, mom. See what exactly will happen is that for your health and happiness, both your husband and son will do everything that is in your favor. They'll agree to whatever you say. And as for Lara, you know that she's kind and warm hearted girl. She'll agree to it too. And when they'll start living together, we won't have to do anything. The intense chemistry between them would do everything." I said keeping my hand on her shoulder and giving her an assuring look.

"So I don't really need to get into any accident, right?" she asked, nervously. 

I could she was uneasy by the thought of accident.

"Of course not mom. You just need to cry out as if in pain and then pour fake blood around your forehead to make it look real." I said rubbing my hands on her shoulders to make her relax.

*****

"It's my fault and my stupid plan's fault." I said, sobbing.

"Not at all, honey. Don't blame yourself. What's done is done. Now it's pointless thinking about it. Just let everything happen the way it's happening. Now your work as a cupid is over. It's time that Shane and Ms. Jones fall for each other out of destiny. If they are meant to be with each other then they will be with each other and if they aren't then nothing in this world can bring them together." Jason said looking into my eyes.

"But you know how Shane is. He won't let love enter his life." I said.

He and love are the repelling forces. They never meet.

"I know how Shane is. This is why I am saying that now no one needs to do anything to make the love arrow hit him. I guess your brother has already started developing feelings for her. I can bet you on this." he said, confidently.

I just nodded my head and smiled slightly.

Lara's P.O.V. :

"Behave properly in front of mom, Mrs. Adams." my fake husband said, grinning.

I could clearly see that he was enjoying all this drama. He was enjoying teasing me.

"Yes, of course, Mr. Adams." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

We were standing in front of Mrs. Adams' bedroom and preparing ourselves to face her.

"So you're ready, Mrs. Adams?" he asked taking my hand into his.

I took a long breathe and nodded my head.

"And you, young lady?" he asked turning to the other side where Cara was standing holding his other hand.

"Yes, daddy!" Cara said, excitedly.

"My daughter is a better actress than my moody wife." he said turning to me and giving his irritating smirk.

"You...!" before I could say anything, the bedroom's door opened.

Who opened it?

Argh...Cara! Always excited for acting and playing her roles. I am not ready yet with my character. Cara.

"Oh my, lovelies!" Mrs. Adams exclaimed, happily as soon as she saw us entering the room. Her eyes glistened with tears of joy.

"Grandma!" Cara squealed happily and climbed the bed and sat beside her.