~ Chapter 17 ~

"What the hell just happened?" I said, in complete confusion, leaning against the wall near the door.

I left Ellie in such a hurry with the sound of whoever that was walking in. What was going on?

I rubbed my face before pushing my hair back, staring off into space. Why did I run out so quickly? What was I afraid of? What was even going on?

Looking at Ellie those minutes ago, something was different. She had been my best friend for the past few months, and then she wasn't. She seemed angered, well she was angered, over Talor, hurt even. And looking in her eyes, there was something more in them than what was being said.

What about those words she said that one time she called and left that voicemail? Did she mean those, did she think of me?

I thought of her every now and then, more than I should. Wait, do I?

I do.

All I wanted to do was walk back in there and figure it out, but I couldn't.

The drive back home was an odd one, a surreal one. What was happening?

I walked through my door and dropped my keys on the table.

"You're back early." I looked over to see Talor walk out in nothing but an oversized shirt.

"I was only gone for a few hours." I said, taking a seat at the island.

"Where did you go?" She asked, trying to fix her hair softly, oddly.

"I went to practice and then went to see a friend, nothing exciting." Like I was going to tell her i saw Sam.

"Oh." Is all she said.

"Why are you just in a shirt?" I asked, looking closer at her now.

"Oh I was just cold." She laughed, I didn't. I looked closer. It was a Boston University shirt.

"That's not my shirt." I stood up, pointing to the words.

"Yes it is." She said back, but I laughed.

"I didn't go to Boston Uni Talor, you know that, don't play stupid." She scoffed and walked off.

"It's your shirt Danny, I wouldn't cheat on you." 

Now I really laughed.

"Oh really? So you don't remember when you had an affair behind my back? That didn't happen? You're telling me that I have no reason to think something is going on seeing you in a shirt that isn't even mine?" For a second she didn't even answer.

"God Danny I said I was sorry, you forgave me! I love you Danny, I wouldn't hurt you like that again." 

And I couldn't believe her. All I could think about were Ellie's words. To be honest, all I could think about was Ellie. So I let it go for the night, what was I supposed to do?

"Yeah, sure. I'm going to bed." I said, passing her and heading to my bed.

That wasn't my shirt. She knew that wasn't my shirt. And there had been another man in my bed, again.

* Ellie's POV*

I had to shake myself out of the moment, whatever it was, and salvage myself.

"So um.. did you get the noodles?" I asked, finally turning to Cam and he looked at me and laughed.

"What?" I asked. 

"It's cute you try and play off what just happened like nothing." He said, taking the food out of the bag.

"What? Nothing happened." I tried to say nonchalantly, but he laughed again.

"Ellie, you and that man were so close to each other its not hard to see what was going on." I looked at him curiously.

"You don't know who that was?" I asked and he shook his head, eating his food.

"Danny Amendola." He about choked.

"Wait what?! THAT was Danny Amendola?" I snickered, grabbing my food and a fork.

"Yes Newton." He looked dumbfounded.

"He ran past me so fast I couldn't see." For a second he looked like he was thinking.

"Wait, didn't you say that you had some history with him?" I guess now was a good a time as any.

"We kinda do. First we hated each other, well, I hated him for stupid reasons. And then we were friends. Then we slept with each other when we were drunk, then we were best friends, and then he got back with his toxic ex and now I'm not happy with him." That was a lot to have to hear and consume, but I only really wanted to give the cliff notes.

"Damn, that is some history." I nodded and then sighed.

"Do you love him?" His questions caught me off guard.

"It's okay if you say yes." He said, putting his food down. It was silent for a few moments, before I gave in.

"I'm so sorry Cam, I think I do. I never meant to lead you on, I do like you, I just-"

"Don't worry about it please, don't apologize." He said, pulling me into a hug.

"Really? You're just that chill with it?" And he laughed.

"Ellie its not like we were really a thing yet anyways, just friends with benefits really. I had no emotional attachment yet really, no offense." And I laughed as well and waved my hand.

"None taken. I just really appreciate this." I said, letting a breath out.

"So here's my question of the night. Why are you not going after him?" I should of asked myself that own question.

"I don't know... I just kinda realized all this and it's a lot you know? I think, I think I want to sleep on it." He nodded and grabbed his keys.

"Well I wish you luck on it, I do. I'm gonna get going, leave you to your thinking." He started to walk out when I grabbed his hand.

"Hey Cam?" I asked and he turned around.

"Maybe want to hang out again sometime? Cause you are a pretty chill guy." He smiled and nodded.

"For sure. One more question." I nodded.

"Could I still meet Tom Brady?" I busted up laughing, of course that was his question.

"Man, you can meet the whole team if you want." His eyes lit up. I'm sure he'd rather I not be with him as long as he met Tom Brady I swear. 

"I'm gonna hold you to that." We said our goodbyes and he left me to my quiet apartment.

A lot has happened today, I didn't even know where to begin. 

I decided to just go to bed, maybe see Danny tomorrow.

All I knew is that I loved Danny, that I was sure of, a question that has been circling my mind for the longest time.

Now the real question of the night.

What was I going to do?