~ Chapter 1 ~

"Tennis shoes or flats?"

I talked to myself as I looked at my vast array of shoes, trying to pick a pair for todays activities. I was going to Gillette Stadium to take some stadium pictures for the Patriots websites. It was their first assignment they had me on and I wasn't going to screw it up.

"I guess tennis shoes is smarter." I finally decided, as I grabbed my bright green Nike's and threw them on, along with my blazer, so I looked somewhat professional and not like so infatuated tourist. 

I grabbed my monster size camera bag and made my way out of my apartment. Thank goodness I had my own car, so I didn't have to lug my equipment in a taxi or an uber, I hated using any of those services to be honest.

After taking the 40 something minute drive to Gillette from Boston, I parked my car and walked in. I have never seen Gillette so empty before and not filled to the brim with fans screaming and yelling. To be fair, on most occasions, I was one of those fans.

There were a few people walking around, but not too many as I stepped onto the field. My first few shots were going to be of the filed views and looking up into the seats, the others were going to be looking down from the seats.

I set up all my camera equipment as I started to snap shots, adjusting the camera, doing it again. 

"Ellie right?"

I heard my name as I looked through and took one last shot, before turning around to see who had joined me on the field.

"Hey Julian!" I said, bringing me into a hug and I instantly realized he was sweating profusely.

"Oh ew!" I said, jumping back, as Julian started to laugh.

"Can't believe you actually hugged me, you nasty." He said, dropping his workout bag for a moment.

"Not as nasty as Sam, she actually likes you that way." I said, tongue sticking out in disgust.

"Well you know, she's a girl after my own heart." I shook my head as I laughed, looking at this man.

"I think she's already got it if I'm correct." He slowly nodded again.

"Yeah, yeah thats true. So what's up with you?" He asked, taking a swig from his water bottle before returning his attention to me.

"Well in about a week I have to turn in some photos of the stadium and today is nice so I thought I would come down and see what I could get." It was beautiful today, just a little wind to add to it all.

"It is very nice today, considering that soon it's going to be snow central up in here so get what you can now." It was hard for me to believe it would be snowy and cold soon, even in a week it was forecasted.

"I know, hence why I'm doing it now." I said, gesturing to the camera.

"Right. Anyways, I'm heading off. Meeting up with Sam to do some last minute wedding thingamajigs. Just wanted to get a good workout in today and empty my locker." I nodded before sticking out my hand to him.

"Sounds great, tell her I'll call her later. And I'm just going to shake your hand, because you're gross." He laughed as he took my hand and shook it gently.

"You're going to appreciate a sweaty man one day." I rolled my eyes before turning back to my camera.

"Sure thing Jules." 

He was off finally and I returned to getting some good shots. After awhile I took a break and as I looked to the middle of the field, a thought popped into my head. I always wanted to stand in the middle of a football field, to see if from where the players saw it. I grabbed my camera and moved it right to the logo.