chapter twenty-eight

"King of Hell? Wouldn't that be Lucifer?"

"Why doe - mmm, dear, dear, Luci is locked away in his cage with his dear brother Michael. Those two are just a fighting away. I'm the King of Hell, not Lucifer. Got it?"

"I suppose so."

He smiles before I notice a table of different types of tools had appeared. I suddenly feared for my life greatly. He noticed the look of bravery I had on my face but he must've sensed the fear I had coursing inside of me. He chuckled lowly and all evil like as he picked up one of the many tools.

"Tell me, darling, why is it that dear old Gabriel and sweet Annabelle are fighting over a useless Winchester like yourself?" he examines the tool as he also examines me. "I mean, yes, you're the daughter of a legend. Who doesn't want to get their hands on you is the real question. But there has to be more."

"I haven't a clue," I answer with as much confidence and as much truthfulness as I could, hoping he'd fall for it.

"You think I'm dumb? You think I'm going to believe you don't know? It's funny you would think that, darling," he drives the tool into my arm right above my under arm considering I was hanging by my wrist. I hold in the scream that was dying to escape from inside. It was burning my lungs trying to free itself.

"Do we want to try this again? What is it? What's so special about you, darling? Don't think I won't keep you until your two weeks are up because I will. You won't get to see dear ole daddy before you leave him."

"I don't know! I don't know what it is, okay?!"

He chuckles before going to stab me again. The scream almost escaped but I managed to keep it down. He left the tool in my abdomen where he had stabbed me before grabbing something that looked ten times more scary. Oh boy.

* * * * *

Dean drove and drove and drove until he couldn't drive anymore. Until Baby ran out of gas. Until Baby gave up on him or until Castiel appeared in the car making Dean come to a very surprised hault. It was quiet in the car between the two.

Dean took in a sniff before wiping at his eyes and looking to Castiel. Castiel tilts his head curiously at this emotion Dean was giving off. Yes, he's felt this emotion before but when Dean let's it crumble down he lets it crumble. It concerned Cas if he was truthful with it.

"Dean - "

" - I have to find her, Cas. She has two weeks left. Two weeks. I promised her I would find a way to stop it. I promised her she wouldn't die. The least I can do is spend all the time I have left with her."

"You're right," he nods his head at the hunter in front of him. "But she's changed, Dean. Horrificly."

"What do you mean?"

"She's gave in, Dean. She's given in to the demon within her. I'm not sure if we could pull her back to help with her grace. I - I thought I helped her. I thought she could keep in control. I must've failed."

"Don't blame yourself, Cas," Dean shakes his head as he positions himself to look at Cas. "Dallas's death is what made her snap. Just like with Sam when I got sent to Hell. The death of people they love is what set them off. We can bring her back. Just like with Sam."

"I hope so."

"What we just have to worry about is Hell. That's what can permanently change you," Dean explains as he started up Baby again and began to drive. He tried to brainstorm ideas of where Harley could be.

"Dean, you're talking like she's going to come back."

"Because she is. She'll be back, Cas."

The angel looked at the father for a couple more minutes before looking towards the road.