chapter seventeen

Most of everyone was having a decent sleep in the household of Bobby Singer's. All but one and that one was Harlyn Winchester.

She gripped the bars of the bed in the panic room until her knuckles turned whiter than snow. Her legs were moving left and right as she flopped her head on the people. The same dream that's been haunting her for a month and a half was haunting her this very night, and every time she couldn't help but scream as tears were spilling from her closed eyes.

Every time Dean would hear her first scream he was the first one running down the stairs and into the room. This seemed to be the nightly routine every night for the past month and a half. It kept getting worse and worse and worse the more that two month mark was approaching. Every time she would wake up it was turning into sleepless nights. She was scared of the images of that dream haunting her sleep.

"Hey! Hey, Harley!" he shouted as he approached the uncomfortable bed in the panic room. He hopped beside her, putting his arms around her from behind. He seemed to figure out that's how she wakes up the easiest.

"Hey, wake up!" he shouted as she tried thrashing out of his grasp. He was having the most trouble he's had since this has started on that one day one and a half months ago. He's never had so much trouble and it was scaring him with how scared his daughter was getting.

"No! No! No!" she screamed before her eyes jolt open with a flash of light through them before she notices the arm wrapped around her. She's gotten used to waking up with this arm. She gripped it tightly as her body finally calmed down to not thrashing anymore. She was calm now, knowing she was in her father's arms. Knowing that he was alive and holding her.

"You're okay, it's fine now, kid." he replied calmly as he offered his nickname to her. He also happened to notice that was another way to calm her. By calling her by her nickname he's had for her since the moment he met her nearly three years ago when Ben was turning eleven. He remembered that day like it was the back of his hand. As if that was the day she was born to be his kid.

What pulled the father out of his thoughts as his daughter sobbing. He hated that the most during these awful nights was her sobbing. He knew that the dream was scaring her so bad that she couldn't sleep. She didn't want to sleep, or eat for that matter. She was hurting herself emotionally by not eating. It wasn't intentional at all - he knew that. The dream was of him dying, he remembered that from the first time she told him. He was certain she was getting to the point where she didn't want him to tag along to the fight she was having lessons for. He couldn't not go. He had to be there to help his daughter. To make sure she'd get through it alive.

"It's okay. I'm here, kid, I'm here."

*********

"I don't know what to do, Sammy. She's not getting any sleep after this dream. And last night, Sam? Last night was the hardest night out of all them by far. It took her longer to wake up. It was scaring me seeing her cry and scream in her sleep."

I over heard Dean talking to Sam about my sleep last night. They were in the kitchen and I was just standing outside the doorway but where they couldn't see me. Sayge and Cas were in there as well listening in on the update Dean was giving them about me. He did this everyday once everyone woke up after him and I stayed the rest of the night awake. It's not like he had to stay up but he always said he couldn't sleep knowing I couldn't sleep.

"She's scared, Dean. She's scared it's a reality. I know how that is, Dean and you know that." I hear Sam explain to Dean with complete sincerity in his voice. Dean was silent for a couple minutes.