Chapter Thirty-Two: Mornings & Moments

I woke up for an early run to clear my head and get some fresh air before I had practice with the team.

Now you may think early is 6 or 7 in the morning, right? Yeah, no. It's 4 am.

I know it's probably weird for other people but I love watching the sun rise and all the colors in the sky. A mirage of purple, red, and orange. Feeling the wind brush past your face when you run, and the feeling of accomplishment when you're all done.

On my way back I took a break and sat down. I pulled out a sheet of paper from my pocket and a pencil along with it.

I started sketching the breathtaking scene in front of me and you'd be surprised how relaxing it was.

After I finished I went back to the hotel and into my room. I looked at the clock and it was around seven in the morning . Perfect time for practice.

I woke up Sydney and knocked on each of the boys rooms. Surprisingly they all got up.

After everyone had breakfast and got ready we headed next door to the gym.

While we were working out Sydney asked me,

"So where we're last night? I know you didn't go back to the hotel room right after the party."

"I was with Ashton." I responded.

"You mean the Mexican dude who met a couple days ago?"

"Yes." I said as I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"You have a thing for him?" She asked as she did a pull-up.

"No of course not. I don't have a thing for any guy." I said making a disgusted look.

But she just shrugged her shoulders and kept put doing pull-ups.

...

Our first competition is in a couple days so I decided that since we've all been working hard that we could have some fun.

I took the boys and Sydney to a beach a few minutes away from the hotel. We all got our stuff out of the back of our cars and set up in our own places.

Once we were done all the boys jumped right in and started swimming and splashing each other.

In the meantime I helped Dash get his area set up and Sydney took him down to the beach. Once I did I sat down next to him and we started talking to him. After a while Sydney left to go and swim so it was just us two.

"Hey, remember when we in 7th grade when we went to go swimming at your moms beach even though you really didn't want to go back there but I convinced you to." He said.

"Yeah and you pushed me into the water even though it was freezing cold." I continued.

"And you refused to talk to me for the rest of the night except you couldn't help yourself and we had a picnic in the middle of the beach."

"Yeah that was one of my favorite memories of middle school." I said.

"Duh, I was in it. It had to be." Dash said and started laughing.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled saying,

"Do you always have to ruin every good moment?"

"Yes. Yes, I do."

We were quiet for a while when he said,

"Excited for boot camp?"

"Yeah I guess."

"You guess? Wow when you called to tell me you sounded like you won the olympics or something." He said laughing.

"Well it's just that.."

"June, I know I can't come. I'm okay with it." He said giving me a small smile.

"I know but I was really looking forward to it and I know you were too." I said putting my head down.

He put his hand on my chin and lifted my head up.

"Don't be sad Jay. Come here." He said as he gave me a hug.

"You better call me everyday." I say shoving my face into his shoulder.

"I will. Every day."

...

Happy new year lovelies!🎉❤
I'm really sorry it took so long to update I'm also sorry it was a short chapter but this school year has got me running in circles and I really can't stop. I have midterms coming soon but after that I will update with a great,long chapter. Hoping 2017 is better than 2016.

Have a great day/night wherever you are. This is your girl Wishingwriting signing off.

Your girl,
Wishingwriting.