Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Reformed Bad Girl

When you find a meme that matches something in your wattpad book exactly..

"Are you still into him?" I asked.

"What? No." She said immediately.

I could tell she wasn't lying.

"I just missed him. After he left I never bothered to make any new friends since I thought no one else would ever understand me." She said sadly.

"What about all your teammates?" I asked.

"The only reason I'm captain is because they think intimidating."

I started laughing.

"What's funny?" She asked.

"Oh honey every team should be somewhat frightened of their captain but," I said pitting my hand on her shoulder

"The trust you have between each and every one of them is also very important and without your team won't function how it should. Don't you think that's why we always beat you?"

She nodded trying to absorb the new information I had just explained.

"Well I guess we're still enemies in competition but who said we have to be enemies in life?"

"No one I guess." She said smiling a bit.

"What's with the smile?" I asked sort of creeped out.

"It's just that I always used to be jealous of you. Or at least I thought it was jealousy. But now I just realized that it was always admiration. I was just too stuck-up to admit it." She said.

"I'm glad you were able to mate." I said patting her shoulder.

"I'm your mate?" She asked surprised.

"Hey it takes guts to admit your mistakes and you have more guts than any dude on my team except maybe Sydney but she's a chick so I guess that doesn't count. Who doesn't want a friend like that?" I said.

"Everyone apparently." She muttered.

"Well dear Zara one of the first things you should know as my friend is that I don't like being considered 'everyone' because I like being the individual I am and was made as." I said winking at her.

"Great." She responded happily.

_________

Zara and I had been talking for a while when I finally asked her what was on my mind.

"Do you think he noticed you yet?" I asked.

"Who?"

"You know who don't act dumbfounded." I said nodding my toward Mark.

"Oh you mean old skull face?"

I nudged her hard.

"Ow, okay fine. No I don't think so but honestly I don't really want him to." She said.

"Oh that's okay. But one other thing you should know about me is that I like to push people in bold choices." I said smirking to myself.

"Really how?" She asked puzzled.

"Like this. HEY MARK!"

He turned around to see who was yelling his name and his eyes went from normal and happy to ten times their normal size and alarmed.

"Have you met my friend Zara? Did you know she's the captain of WHH?" I asked 'innocently'.

Zara smacked her forehead so hard and tried to cover her face but it was too late.