Chapter Two: Saftey First

Hi guys..:) the girl up there in the photo is Irine just so you know.. Enjoy the chapter.

I looked up to see if it was mine but it wasn't. Then suddenly I remembers the figure next to me as I looked up at his rope.

  "Dash! Hold on!"

  "I'm fine but-" snap!

  "No! Really don't move." I ordered.

I moved slowly to his side of the the rock climbing section. My rope wasn't long enough so I untied the first knot it was in because of safety (wow if it was so safe why'd he fall) and swung over to where he was so I could grab his hand it still wasn't enough though..

  "Be careful!"He yelled.

  "I should be saying the same thing to you."

Just as I started untying the second knot dash said, "June what're you doing? You know it can't hold both of us if it's not stable."

  "Don't worry I know what I'm doing."
  I called Irine so that we could get some help.

  "Okay I'm gonna swing over and and you have to grab my hand. Got it? When you grip on to my hand you're gonna climb up next to me and I'm gonna tie a rope around you that way we'll be attached!" I kind of hollered so he could hear.

"Got it!" Snap!

"OKAY NOW!"

  I swung over to him he grabbed my arm and WOAH he was kinda heavy I mean it makes sense since I'm like 5 inches shorter yet I'm still pretty buff but still woah. He started climbing up to me when I got a call from Irine.

"Hey what's up? Did you get help?"

  "Actually I'm down here with a guy who knows how to handle these situations but it looks like you've got it under control but we'll still be here if you need help."

I saw her videoing the whole thing look I know she's recovering from a break up but what a jerk..

  "Okay so now we just climb down and be careful the rope can't hold the both of us at once so one of us has to climb down a bit first then the other one follows."

  "I'll go first. You follow seeing that I'm already on a lower level."

So we climbed our way down and both of us just put our hands on our knees trying to catch our breaths'.

  "Oh my gosh, thanks. You know how it's always safety first well I think you just proved that expression wrong." Dash said in relief.

  "No problem I'm just glad your okay I mean who else would I eat pizza with?"

I saw Irine running over to Dash and I.

  "Oh thank goodness you guys are okay!"

She threw her hands over us and we returned  her embrace.

  That's when I noticed all the cameras around.

Ugh really.

  A reporter came up to the 3 of us and started asking away as if she was talking to a robot who knew everything.

  "Can you explain to me in detail what just happened here Ms.?"

  "Ms. Hunter. June would be better thank you. Well these are my friends."

  "Dash Hayes" dash said waving.

  "Irine Sparks." She was smiling really big seeing that she looked really good because she just did her hair and was on live TV.. I think she forgot Mark exists.

  "And I think you have all the answers you need seeing that you .. Recorded it. You know now that I have the chance to ask you and not the other way around. Why does everybody find these things so huge? A friend falls and you pick them up that's what happened here so why the heck are reporters here? If it's to get a good story can you try and let me live my normal life along with my friends instead of making yourself look good by shoving cameras and a mic in everyone's face? Okay thanks."

Everyone was kinda shocked the reporter didn't know what to say. So I said,

  "It was nice meeting you though I hope you can find a better story to report."

  "Why thank you I guess we'll be on our way now. Thank you Ms- June and you too Mr.Hayes and Ms.Sparks."

Once the reporters left I faced my two best friends who were still kind of shocked. I knew what they were thinking.

"You're gonna catch flies." I said

"I did it because it would show up all over school and it would make dash look bad. Also I don't think reporters and camera crews should have a way to getting into people lives without an invitation it's rude and really annoying. I mean a natural disaster happens and a person who just got their leg cut off is answering questions for them who the hell do they think they are?"

  "Well again thanks and I don't have a problem with a girl rescuing me I mean if you didn't I could've died so why should I be ashamed?"

  "Don't you think I already know that it's like Irines break up situation why should you care that he broke up with you if he was being a jerk I mean right now he's probably out of your league since you were on TV.."I say winking at her. 

  "But I mean no one wants to be embarrassed like that."I said punching him lightly in the arm.

  "Let's go back home I think we've had enough action for one day." Irine chuckled.

  "Dash you can drive I wanna sleep. Can we get something real to eat after that climb I'm not feeling just Pizza."

  "Hold up I know usually I would never give up a chance to drive but after today no,no,no"

  "Fine I'll drive then. Irine what do you wanna eat?"

Honestly the reason we usually ask Irine is because me and dash are fine with anything as long as it's not Sushi.

  "How about some Classic Italian pasta?"

  "Fine by me."

  "Not a prob."

   So we got in the car and for the first time in a long time I felt like I could let go of the rest of my worries and be with two of the closest people in my life.

Hi guys the girl up there in the photo is Irine. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
Have a good day or night wherever you are. This your girl Wishingwriting signing off.

Infinitely,
Your girl Wishingwriting.