Chapter 24 - Thanksgiving Awaits [Part 1]

"Do I even want to know how this happened?" Daman sighed through the receiver. Silas and I were in Lucas's house; I was patiently waiting for Silas to finish his little tantrum.

"Probably not but I'm going to tell you anyways," I shrugged and rested my back against the kitchen island, cringing as Silas rummaged through the cabinets, tossing plates and cups onto the ground where they shattered.

As I filled Daman in on everything that had just happened, I could hear the strain in his voice when he finally managed to respond with "That's too bad."

"Daman? Are you okay? How's Leo doing? Should I come back?" I asked, following Silas out of the kitchen and upstairs into the master bedroom.

"No, I'm fine. Leo's been sleeping for most of the day but I woke him up so he could eat and take his medicine. But don't worry about me, worry about my brother. Your crazy brother and my crazy brother need to sit down and have a little talk about their problems." Daman sighed. "They definitely have some unresolved issues."

"You think so?" I laughed. There was silence on the other end.

"Daman?"

"Mmhmm."

"Do you..." I started but changed my mind just as the words were about to leave my mouth, "Never mind."

"What?"

"It's nothing important."

"So say it."

I took a deep breath and glanced up at Silas. He was pulling clothes off hangers and tossing storage boxes onto the ground. Silas was doing a pretty good job replicating the same damage that Lucas inflicted on his house; maybe even a little more extreme.

"I was just thinking about our brothers. What if...what if they talk and they decide that they want to be together. I mean they dated for three years, that's no joke," I paused, thinking about how to properly phrase my next words. "If they get back together or even get married, what will happen to us?"

"Nothing. Nothing will happen to us," Daman replied.

"Okay."

"Valentina, come home. Try to get Silas out of there, he's only aggravating himself and by the sound of all that moaning and groaning, he's done enough damage to the house. Leave before someone finds you and you get in trouble."

"Okay. Bye."

"I love you," Daman said before hanging up.

I put my phone into my back pocket and walked over to Silas. He was digging through a jewelry box, tossing out watches and necklaces.

"Are you done now, because I'd like to leave." I nudged Silas with the front of my shoe.

"Give me one second, I just need to find this flash drive."

"A flash drive? In a jewelry box? Silas, it's time to leave, come on." I bent over and tried to pull him up but he wouldn't move.

"Silas! I'm going to leave without you!" I shook him, trying to snap him out of his daze.

Silas continued to shift through the jewelry; he pulled the bottom of the box out, revealing a flash drive.

"What the fuck," I mumbled to myself.

"Okay, let's go." he stood up and gripped the flash drive in his hand.

"Wait what is that?"

"What does it look like? You're in medical school; aren't you supposed to be smart?"