Chapter 23 - Bullets and Rocks

Short update, I'm working on a thanksgiving special, it should be up tomorrow :)

Chapter 23 - Bullets and Rocks

"What the hell?" My eyes widened at the catastrophe in Silas's room. Clothes had been torn off the hangers and sprawled onto the floor, the drawers to his nightstands had been ripped off, and stray pieces of paper were been swept across the bedroom floor by the large wood ceiling fan. The windows were all open, letting the strong fall wind cool the room.

"What?" Silas snarled, turning around to face me.

"Oh my god!" I jumped back. "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!" I screamed at the weapon in his hand. In my teens, my dad had taken me to a shooting range. Not because we owned any guns or I planned on owning one, but just to be familiar with the unfriendly weapon, in case of an emergency. I could tell when one was loaded.

"Relax, the safety is on. See?" he aimed the gun at the wall and tried to shoot. To Silas's surprise, the gun safety was not on. Instead, the force of the shot jerked his arm back and a bullet shot through the wall.

A shrill scream escaped my mouth and my ears immediately began to ring from the loud noise. I couldn't even begin to imagine what was going through Silas's mind.

"Oh my god, you're fucking crazy! What is wrong with you? Why would you do that? Oh my god!" I rambled in disbelief that someone could be so fucking stupid.

When I had arrived at Silas's house, he was an odd amount of silent. I later learned that he was just extremely passive aggressive. He had hardly said two words to me, but his room looked like someone had gone off on a rampage--especially now.

Silas stood quietly, observing the hole in the wall that now showed the neighboring bedroom.

"Silas! Silas? Hellooooo," I raised my voice, trying to get some sort of reaction out of him. It was hard to believe that my "brother" could have put him in such a crazy funk.

"I thought that safety was on," he said softly before looking down at the gun.

"Clearly, you thought wrong," I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Hey, you don't have to be such a bitch! I don't remember inviting you here. In fact, it's YOUR fault I'm in this fucking mess," his blonde eyebrows furrowed into an angry expression. He carefully placed the gun on the nightstand.

"My fault?!" I nearly laughed at his comment. "Are you joking right now? How is it my fault that the brother that I've known for... I don't know a month?... is tormenting you!"

"BECAUSE HE'S YOUR BROTHER!" Silas screamed at me.

"Well if we're going to play the blame game, then it's YOUR fault he did this because you dated him for like five years!"

"THREE YEARS! I DATED HIM FOR THREE FUCKING YEARS!"

"What's going on in here?" a foreign voice interrupts us. We both whip around to see a short girl wearing yoga pants and a loose sweater. Her red hair was tied in a messy bun and her bangs ended right where her thick framed glasses began. Her eyes darted to me. She seemed surprised that I was here. Actually, she seemed kind of angry.

"Lisa," Silas's voice cracked nervously. "What-what-uh-what are you doing home? Now, I mean. This early..." he stammered.

Fuck! This is Lisa! She probably thinks that Silas and I are...

"Who is she? And who are you talking about? Who did you date for three years?" her face grew red, and I instantly understood why Daman didn't like her. Everything about her was boring, not to mention the overly possessive vibe she was giving off.

"Uh, no one." Silas looked at me nervously. I had never thought I would see Silas look so...vulnerable. This girl might've been tiny, but she probably had Silas wrapped around her finger, in a controlling kind of way.

"I'm Valentina." I walked over to her and stuck my hand out waiting for her to shake it.

My hand hung in the air, waiting for her to greet me, but her eyes were glued to the wall, examining the bullet hole.

"What...what is that?" she asked Silas.

"I'm a friend of Silas's--well I guess I shouldn't say it like that," I tried to avert her attention back to me. "I'm really just Daman's girlfriend."

"Daman? You're dating Daman?" my words seemed to captivate her attention instantly.

"Yeah. Well, kind of. We just made it official not too long ago and we haven't even been in each other's lives for that long. It feels like it has been a while though because we started off as...roommates kind of. We would always be spending time together so I guess that had a huge impact on our--"

"Why would you ever want to date Daman?" she squinted her eyes as if she was examining my face.

"Sorry, what?" Did I hear that right or is this bitch downright rude?

"You just look so much younger than him," she shrugged.

"Lisa, Valentina and I actually have to go help Daman out with something right now. I'll be back later tonight, though." Silas nodded towards the door, signaling the exit route.

"I don't think so!" She called after him, but he was already out the door. He didn't even look back to see if I was following him. She paced after him and I took that as my chance to leave as well.

"Sorry Lisa!" Silas shouted over his shoulder and darted through the front door. She flung it back open and I ducked under her arm and made my way out into the driveway.

Silas was yanking on the door handle of Daman's car, not so patiently waiting for me to unlock it. When I finally did so, we both climbed in, and I quickly backed out of the driveway and drove off.

"Okay, so where exactly are we running off to? Your crazy bitch of a girlfriend is probably going to hunt us down wherever we go." I entered the freeway and began to home.

"Hey! Don't talk about her like that!" Silas shouted at me.

"I'm sorry I didn't realize you had feelings for the woman we're running from. The same one that not so discretely showed her dislike for me."

"She takes a while to get used to." Silas defended.

"Sure," I said sarcastically.

I turned my signal on, preparing to exit onto the street that leads to Daman's estate.

"FUCK YOUR STUPID BITCH ASS BROTHER! I AM GOING TO BEAT HIS ASS!" Silas reached over the divider and turned the steering wheel in the opposite direction, swerving the car back into the previous lane.

I screamed, nearly crying tears of joy that the freeway wasn't busy. Although the drivers in passing cars were giving us dirty looks as they drove by, I was thankful Silas didn't just kill us...again.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!? Are you trying to get us killed?"

"The only person dying today is Lucas," Silas rolled his eyes.

"Oh my god, you are so overly dramatic," I said, trying to convince myself that everything Silas was saying was just an exaggeration.

***

"Great. Now, what?" I crossed my arms over my chest and faced Silas. We had arrived at Lucas's house which was apparently on the other side of San Diego, not wherever the hell he said he was from. The doors were obviously locked, no one was home, and his neighbors all seemed to be at work. So far, there were no spare keys under any mats or flower pots.

"Now, I throw this rock into the window and break us the fuck in." Silas picked up a large rock that was mixed with other rocks and pebbles near the front lawn.

"Silas, wait!" the words left my mouth a second too late, and the rock had been tossed into the large window shattering it.

What have I gotten myself into?

Don't forget to vote & comment! :)