Chapter 19 - The Ex

Expect some shit to go down at the end of this lol enjoy

Chapter 19 - The Ex

We had been driving in silence for a couple minutes and I wasn't sure how to begin a conversation. I wanted to know what Daman thought of the dinner and my family--but more importantly, I wanted to know his opinion about my father. "So..." I slowly began.

"What?" Daman chuckled and turned on the car heater. Despite the warm temperature during the day, the weather had begun to chill drastically at night

"Was it as bad as you thought it would be? I mean, I'll admit, I thought it would be way worse."

"It was alright," he said slowly. "Your mom was nicer than she was when she came over to our house that one day," he laughed. My heart fluttered and I tried not to spring out of the car with joy over the fact that he had just referred to his house as our house.

"Yeah, she was."

"Your sister, though...wow," Daman exhaled loudly, "She's a real fucking bitch, and I'm allowed to say that because she was a bitch to you."

"Trust me, I know," I reclined the passenger seat a little and let my body relax.

"But everyone else seemed nice," he shrugged.

"That's it? That's all you have to say?"

"What else should I mention?"

"What did you and my dad talk about when you went outside? Before we all sat down for dinner."

Daman's face scrunched with discomfort and he searched for the right words to respond with.

"He just wanted to know a little bit more about me," Daman finally said. When I didn't respond he continued, "He made it clear that he knew I have a son, and that it would be selfish of me to date you."

"What?" my eyes nearly popped out of my head. He had said it so casually that if I wasn't listening to his words, I could've easily thought they had just become best friends. "Daman, did he really say that to you? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because he's right Valentina. His point was that I've already done the whole kid thing and you haven't. I'm a little bit ahead of you in the aging process and you should be able to experience things for yourself rather than taking care of my kid."

"You can't be serious right now," I ran my hand through my hair. I was not liking where this conversation was headed.

"I'm not saying that I'm going to listen to him, but I will admit that he has a point."

"Yeah, a stupid one," I mumbled.

"Don't be upset."

"I'm not."

"Okay, good. Oh, he also threatened me. Did I mention that?"

"He WHAT?" I nearly sprung myself through the windshield.

"Yeah...he told me that if I didn't end things with you, I'd regret it. Something about owning a gun...?"

"You're joking right?"

"I promise you I'm not." Daman snorted.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry! I don't understand why he hates you so much!" I groaned in frustration and pulled at my hair.

"Don't worry Vali," Daman referred to me with the nickname my parents had consistently used.

"Please do not call me Vali," I gagged.

"Why? I think it's cute...Vali." Daman smirked.

"You just lost your reward: I was going to give you an amazing blowjob, but now, I'm completely reconsidering."