Chapter 9 - The Morning After

Long chapter, enjoy! :)

Chapter 9 - The Morning After

I woke up with a sick feeling in my gut. Not vomit...regret. It took a while for memories of last night to flood through my mind, but when they did, I was just about ready to jump off the balcony. I didn't know why I got so sick and what even happened really. It was all such a blur.

"You're awake." Daman's voice held a tone of relief. "Thank god. I was starting to get worried." He ran a hand through his hair.

"What happened last night?" I propped my pillow against the headboard and leaned back. Part of me didn't to hear his answer. I pulled my legs up to my chest.

"I think you should eat something first. Last night was a complete disaster and its all my fault." His eyes looked at my guiltily.

"Just tell me. I can't remember anything. I can't even remember drinking." I ran a hand through my hair. It was slightly damp but neatly combed.

"I was being a total dick. Valentina, I have to tell you the truth about something." He sat down on the bed right next to my feet.

"Okay." I gulped, not knowing what to expect. He placed his hand on my knee and took a deep breath.

"I have feelings for you," he said slowly, looking deep into my eyes. What? Did I hear that right?

"You said that one time already, I think," I scratched my head recalling the memory. "What do you mean?" I choked out wanting him to specify. There was something in his voice that sounded so...vulnerable.

"I want you. I don't want you to leave because I'm selfish. I want you to stay here with me. It took me last night to realize it. I saw Michael looking at you and it made me jealous. Jealousy doesn't come from nowhere." He looked away.

"You just—I...I don't know what to say." I admitted.

I didn't see any of this shit coming. But why did his words make me happy? I should be...how should I even feel? Angry? Annoyed? This is all just incentive to stay here.

"You don't have to say anything. I just thought you should know." he sighed.

"I made you breakfast." He gestured to the cup of tea, plate of French toast, and bowl of freshly cut fruit.

"You didn't have to do that," I groaned, getting out of bed.

"Where are you going? You passed out last night. I think today should be a rest day for you." Daman halted me.

"I'm fine. It was just a bit of an off night." I shrugged and stumbled onto my feet. I looked around the room, indecisive over what I should do next.

Daman grabbed me and placed me back onto the bed. "Nice try."

"Daman, come on. I'm fine. I just...I don't know. I'm so confused." I hated feeling this way. I couldn't recognize what I wanted to do or what I needed but I was frantic to do something.

"I love spending time with you. I really like you." I admitted. I lied down and let my hair sprawl out onto the pillow. Daman crawled in beside me.

"I'll miss you." I whispered tracing my finger along his cheekbone. He closed the gap between us by gently placing his lips on mine. I pulled my head back slightly.

"What is it?" he looked at me nervously.

"Morning breath," I mumbled with embarrassment. I did recall using Listerine last night, but that couldn't of helped much.