Chapter 13 - Drunken Resolution

Chapter Thirteen - Drunken Resolution

[Valentina POV]

A shiver crept down my spine as the evening breeze began to pick up. The sun had set and I was finally leaving the café where the whole Daman-Jack incident took place. I was furious with Jack about pushing Daman's buttons. Jack thought it was all fun and games but I could tell Daman didn't take the jokes lightly. I don't even think he took them as jokes.

"You two kids have fun," Daman's words rung through my mind, making me feel even guiltier about what happened.

I picked up my phone and began to dial the familiar number.

"Hello?" a deep voice answered. Who is this?

"Uh, hi...is Daman there? This is—"

"—Valentina? Yeah, I'm aware considering every iPhone has caller ID." Silas.

"Silas! I don't have time to bicker with you right now! Is Daman there? I really need to talk to him!" I groaned as I turned the corner. Only a couple more blocks left to walk.

"You know that's real classy of you to just walk out on him. He's a total fucking disaster right now—but it's cute, it really is, especially because we're on our way to find you." He said coldly making me stop in my tracks.

What? Daman's coming to find me right now?!

"...And you know what I have zero clue what's going on between you guys, I guess I just don't understand it but you need to figure your shit out. He has a son to take care and he doesn't need any distractions. Either you're in his life or you're not." Silas continued to ramble on but I wasn't listening, I was preoccupied thinking about what to do.

What will I say? How am I supposed to act in front of him? Will he be mad from earlier today? OH MY GOD WHAT WILL I WEAR???

"...so then we left the bar and went to his car to leave but it got towed because he parked it in a no fucking parking zone leaving us with—"

"Silas, I have to go bye!" I hung up the phone and ran towards the hotel. I had a lot to do.

I immediately began to rummage through my suitcase and search for a cute outfit. Ugh, when was the last time I did laundry? I don't even have any clothes to wear! Fuck!

I tried on the cute set of lingerie that Daman had bought for me, matching garter belt and all, only to get distracted in the mirror with how nice my abs looked today. Also, the bra made my boobs look really nice. While twirling around in the mirror, I heard my phone buzz. Snatching it off the neatly made bed, I read the screen.

Daman:

Where are you? I'm driving him over to see you. –Silas

After quickly sharing my location with Silas, I frantically dug through my clothes hoping to find something suitable. Nice but not too nice, cut but not nerdy, sexy but not trashy.

I decided on jeans and a tight black tank top that had little buttons on the top, revealing my cleavage. I wasn't sure how long I would have to put makeup on so I just applied a thick layer of mascara, blush, and touched up my eyebrows. I also brushed my teeth and used a shit ton of Listerine. Just in case.

When I heard the first knock, it nearly scared me to death. I almost dropped the bottle of perfume that was in my hand. I slowly walked up to the door and took a deep breath before opening it.

"Hi," I nervously said. Instantly the feeling of comfort spread through me. Seeing Daman just made me feel...at home.

"Hey," his eyes looked up at me. They were red and glossy, and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. His hair was a disheveled mess and his shirt was tucked out of his pants while his tie was hardly even intact. I stepped back and opened the door wider, allowing him to step inside the suite.