Chapter 1

A/N I'm putting up a new story for those who are reading!

This will most likely turn darker, just a fair warning!

Now you may enjoy:D

Chapter 1

"They talk of a man betraying his country, his friends, his sweetheart. There must be a moral bond first. All a man can betray is his conscience..."

- Joseph Conrad

For once Emily wanted to have a dead body! She wanted to come into the office ready to fly out for their next case, but no... Her mother just had to ruin it all for her, forcing her to take two weeks' worth of vacation time and for what? Some God damn political party in one of her many hometowns. Some people had only one hometown, Morgan had Chicago, Reid had Las Vegas and JJ a small town near Pittsburg, but Emily had hundreds of them. There were three in Italy, ten in the U.S, four in Russia, three in the middle-east... She would lie if she said she had a place to call home when she was younger. They moved everywhere and didn't stay long before her mother got stationed in another country. Right now she was in Russia, in a town Emily ones had tried to call home. It was a place where they had stayed longer than other and now her mother had found herself back to that place. Emily had liked it when she was younger, but today she dreaded to board the plane and to sit there for God knows how many hours and then to suffer even more hours at this event her mother had stirred together. Why did her mother even need her there? There weren't enough times that her mother had complimented her daughter or told her friends how proud she was. Emily didn't want to come and she wouldn't have come either, but her mother had been smart. She had sent Evan to call her, at work so she wouldn't throw a scene, and persuaded her into coming. If only she hadn't had a conscience, then he wouldn't have been able to make her feel guilty for leaving her brother alone with a bunch of snobs. Evan had been Emily's best friend when they were younger and they had confided in each other with everything. Without her baby brother Emily wasn't so sure that she would have survived her childhood. Through her really rough times her brother had been there to help her out and whenever she had thought about ending it all by either taking her life or running away she would think of how much it would hurt Evan and she had forced herself to deal with it. So Emily would have to say that she came for her brother's sake and they would stick together through every painful minute.

It took a long time for her to realize that it was her turn to walk through the security and to be honest... She wanted the line to be much longer so that maybe... just maybe she could've missed the plane. That wouldn't have been her fault right? There was no way her brother could make her feel guilty for something that wasn't her fault. Now it was too late, though. There was no turning back.

She sighed as she pulled out the grey box and put her cell, keys, belt, passport and coat in the first one and shoes in the second. Her bag got to ride alone after the two boxes and she walked calmly through the metal detector, praying that it would beep. No delays there. Rolling her eyes, she went to pick up all her things and put the boxes back. She glanced at the clock on the wall. Two hours until departure. In what way could she possibly make herself miss the plane now? She could always shoplift, but that wouldn't look too good. Or maybe eat something bad and start vomiting. They couldn't let a sick woman on the plane. How would she find the right thing to eat to make her stomach turn inside-out? Too much candy? Though, candy in an airport was pretty expensive.

Her phone buzzed, interrupting her missing-the-plane-operation planning, from an incoming text. She was quick to pull her cell out of her pocket and read it.

'Have a safe trip! It's empty here without you... And don't kill anyone in Russia! Love you xoxo D.'

Emily smiled at the text reading it over and over again before pressing reply.