Holding On

The days soon turned into weeks, and the months seemed endless.
My body is no longer my own.
My soul longs to be found.
My heart clings to the hope of Will finding me.
This is what my life has become.

"Move over."
Christian shoves me to the right.
He bends down a picks up some old knives. The blades appear dull and rusty. I still can't help but cringe away.

What has become of my life? Is it even worth living? Yes. I need to fit. No longer can I wait on Will. I must make a move now.

I feel so tired. Everything is black and blue on my body. Blood stains my hair.

My wolf calls to me.

I watch as Christian looks at his weapons. If I wait until he gets close to me, I can shift into my wolf.

He turns with this grin. I gulp.

"Little Piper, where did your sweet mate go?'

"I killed him you know?'

Tears stain my eyes. I study his face. He's lying. The way his eyes move up and down my face, yet never making eye contact is a sign.

He moves closer.  The smell coming from his mouth is foul. Like he just had dead mice for dinner.

"You are so foolish"

My heartbeat quickens. Now's my chance. I lunge forward and feel the crack of my bones as I stand before him in full wolf form.

"Oh my, oh my, look what we have here. Little Mrs. Piper trying to fight back. You should know by now that I am stronger than you."

The look in his eyes is unrecognizable. For a moment I feel weak and fearful.

"You should stop trying"

Christain stands between my freedom. I quickly look around trying to find a way out. The room is dark and wide. A little light shines through an opening of a window above. The only way I can reach it is by jumping off of the boxes in the corner. 

As soon as I am about to lunge for the boxes, I hear a growl. Behind Christian is a toll dark wolf. I hear more howls outside.

The Wolf is Will.

My heartbeat quickens. This is it. I am finally going to be safe.

Christian's face darkens. Then his lips quirk up at the corners.

"What a love story! The Alpha comes for his sweet mate. Well I should probably warn you, that my friends are awake."

From the ground underneath me, a door opens. Twenty or so, Vampires appear. I freeze. My wolf longs to be held by Will again.

Will makes eye contact with me. And I feel a rush of safeness.

Behind him stands the pack.

A vampire tries to bit Will, but Will snaps the neck of it.

In a matter of minutes, a full-blown fight breaks out.  Will speaks, "Get out of here"

I run towards the door. A vampire smacks into me. Pain shakes my whole body as I try to stand up. Noah's wolf runs up and grabs the vampire by the neck.

"Go!"

I'm blinded by the light of the sun. I keep running. I start to see spots. My eyes feel heavy and my body limp.

And then darkness closes in.

Will's Pov

I see her. And my heart crumbles. My mate is so skinny and weak. Blood covers her beautiful fur.

I tell her to run. Making eye contact with her.

She takes off as I face Christian.

"You shouldn't have come. it's over. Your pack is almost gone and you no longer have power."

I laugh. Oh, he does not know who he just messed with.

I attack his arm. He's fast. But I manage to grab a chunk off.

"You son of a bitch! I'll kill you!"

Blood rushes from his right arm. All the sudden a vampire is on my back. I feel the pain of my coat being plucked off.

I shake the vampire off in time for Noah to grab it by the neck. We both turn to Christian.

I growl. And his eyes darken.

"This is just the beginning"

And with that, my jaws close around his throat.

My pack maybe worn down, but this is a new start. I can protect Piper now.