Oh Mr. Babysitter

Thanks for reading this story! Please leave your thoughts! Enjoy!

''''''''''''''''''

I awake screaming. I see him, a beautiful creature of a wolf. His face so gentle and kind is now blood and death. The world around me spins and I know this is what has become of a great love. Death.

Friday Night

"Piper," Her mother calls out "Hmm?" I reply with a mouth full of pancakes. "I need you to babysit  Lily tonight." 

It had to be tonight? of all nights? I brush my hair out of my eyes trying to hide the look of disapointment on my face. Cassey and I were planning on going to Jake's party tonight.

"I can't tonight." I pause trying to come up with an excuse. 

 "I'm going over to Cassey's house to study for a test tomorrow. Are you and Dad going somewhere?." I shift my eye direction in-between the two of them nervously. If they find out that I'm lying, well that would be the end of all parties in the future. 

"Piper, you know how dad's job has been going extremely well?"
"Yes?"  I take another bite of pancake. All I want is to go out to meet some cute guys. "So your dad's boss has given him a paid vacation."
"Seriously!" Lily jumps up and down.
"Lily, sadly it's just your father and I going."
"Where?" I question.
"Hawaii."
"For how long mom?"
This isn't far. We have been planning to go to this party for weeks. I  try not to give my mom an ugly look but it is hard not to.  I glance aroud the table. Dad looks frusrated. Dad gives me an angry  glance back. Great just great. 

"Two weeks. Sweetie, I'm going to ask someone to watch you. Possibly, Mrs. Blace's son who's home from Europe for a year? Or Mrs. Wight? I think since we are in the same church knitting club, she can get me a good deal. I forgot her son's name. Blake? Mason? Jack? No, no. Anyways, he or Mrs. Wight can watch you both." 

Really? Like I need a babysitter. It's not like last time I babysat, I almost burnt down the house with microwave Mac& cheese. Hey in my defenses it only happened one time.
"No offense, Piper. But you are never as cool as other babysitters." Lily smirks.
Rolling my eyes at her rude comment I turn to mom.
"Yeah whatever, it's not like I wanted to anyways."
"Piper!" My mother scolds.

It's silent for a few minutes making things even more awkward. Dad breaks the silence. "How about Mrs. Wooden?"
He didn't just offer to have our old bat of a neighbor babysit.
I try not to laugh at the idea. I muffle the hint of sound escaping from my lips with pancake. My dad gives a look of worry, like he doesn't approve of the idea of Mrs. Balce's son babysitting.
"Sweetie, it'll be fine." My mother comforts my dad with a small pat on his back.
I look at the clock. 8:03 am. Crap.
"Lily! We've got to go!" I grab her mid muffin bite. "Hey!" She squeals.

When I pull up in the school parking lot I see my best friend Cassey sitting on a bench by the door waiting for me. I frown looking at Cassey's Christmas sweater her grandmother gave her. "Not again." I mumble. "What?" She says looking at her sweater nervously.
"Nothing." My eyes turn the other way. "Did I spill jelly? Or something."
I shake my head no
"My don't you both look beautiful." Spencer comes up and grabs Cassey's butt.
"What the hell!" She slaps his face.
Of course he runs off like all of the guys at my school would.
Cassidy rolls her eyes mumbling "pig" under her breath.

"Hey you will not believe me when I tell you what happened this morning!"
" What? "
"Well," she starts before moving a strand of her perfect red hair out of her eye.
"So I went to the office today to see if they would let us have English together and Mrs. Mellisa said no. Okay so, anyways, I was like why?
and then she said "Because there is no room available at the moment. and so get this okay. So then I remembered my sister complaining about  Mr. Stacy's English class. Liz said it was because he gives you lots of homework. Well so I questioned Mrs. Mellisa on how many students were taking his class this year. Liz told me he never has more than fifteen in his class,"