XXVI

Luke's POV:
*a month and a half later*
His words rang in my head.  Today at work, I pulled up, and daddy eminently called me into his office inside the house. "Luke, you either head to Nashville, or I fire you. Your choice." The first thing I thought of when he said that was Ashleigh. What will she say? Will she come with me? What'll happen to us? I sighed as I drove home. She's probably still at work because daddy told me to go home.

I pulled into the driveway and headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Once I was finished, I got out and ran my fingers through my dripping wet hair. I put on a pair of sweatpants and went down the hall to the kitchen. I sat at the table in the dim light and sighed in frustration. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I can't live without her. I have to go to Nash though, I don't have a choice anymore.

I made myself a drink and I heard the garage door open and Ashleigh's truck pull into the driveway. I walked towards the door so I could meet her when she walked in. "Luke, you have to hear what happened at wo-" she started as she walked inside. Before she could finish her sentence, I wrapped her in my arms and wiped away a tear streaming down my face.

"Ash, baby, we need to talk." I said. She slowly nodded with fear written all over her face as she followed me to the kitchen table. We sat across from one another and I took a long sip from my whiskey.

"Luke, your scaring me, what's going on?" She asked in fear.

"Oh lord, this is so hard." I continued. "I'm, well, I'm moving to Nashville." I said and winced at her reaction. Her mouth opened slightly as if she was gonna say something, but nothing came out. "Luke, what's gonna happen to us?" She whispered. I sighed.

"I know this is a lot to ask, but, please, can you think about coming with me?" I asked and surrounded her hands with mine.

"Luke... I don't know, I just started this job and I love it, I've worked so hard for all of this and I finally have it. I just, I don't know. I'll think about it." I held back tears and nodded slowly. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I didn't want her to see me like that. I got up quickly and grabbed my keys from the kitchen counter.

"I'm gonna go tell Carter the news." I said without turning around to face her. I could tell she nodded, I didn't see it, but I could feel it. I got in my truck and drove a ways down the road to Carter's house. I pulled up next to his front yard gate and jumped out. I walked swiftly towards his front door and knocked multiple times. Hr finally answered after a few minutes and looked at me.

"Luke, where the hell is your shirt?" He asked completely dumbfounded. I looked down and realized I forgot to put one on before I left.

"Oops, I just got out of the shower and didn't put one on."

"I see, what's up?" He asked and moved so I could walk inside.

"I've got big news!" I said as my excitement to tell him started to boil.

"What?"

"We're going to Nashville!" I stated and jumped off of the couch, his mouth dropped open and he jumped up after me.

"When?" He asked. I shrugged as the thought of Ashleigh not coming with me filled my head again. I decided not to tell Carter, he wouldn't understand.

"How about three weeks." He said. I thought for a second and then agreed.

"That should give us enough time to pack and stuff." He said excitedly. I nodded in agreement and said bye. I headed back home in my truck and went inside the house once I pulled up. I heard the shower running and I figured it was Ashleigh.

I went into the bathroom and undressed. If she's not gonna come with me, then I'm gonna spend all of my time with her. I wrapped my arms around her perfect body from behind and laid my head on her shoulder. She adjusted to my touch and laid her hands on mine around her waist. She finished showering and we got out. She wrapped a towel around herself and I wrapped one around my waist. I dried off and put the same pair of sweatpants on. She walked into the bedroom and I followed her. She slipped on one of my t-shirts and a pair of shorts.

"So, when are you gonna leave?" She asked. I could tell she didn't really want to know, I don't blame her, if she was leaving, I wouldn't want to know how much more time I'd have with her.

"Three weeks." I said quietly. She nodded and sat down on the bed. I sat next to her. "Ashleigh, I don't know what I'll do if you don't come with me..." I said. "Luke, I'll tell you what you'll do, you're gonna go to Nashville, and you're gonna get a record deal, and you're gonna be famous. That's what I want for you. You don't need me there with you. Who knows, maybe you'll find someone else who you'll love even more than me." She said. I can tell she wants the best for me, but that last part ain't gonna happen, that's for sure.

"Ashleigh, I will never love anyone more than I love you, if you don't go with me, I'll wait for you, I'll wait forever if I have to, there is nobody else for me, we were meant to be together." I said. She nodded as a tear fell from her eye. I wiped it away and hugged her.

"Ash, I know how much you love your job, and you don't have to come with me, but please, think about it." I said and kissed her cheek. She nodded and we laid down to go to sleep. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to my body. She fell asleep in a few seconds. I thought about what'll happen if she doesn't come with me. God has a way with making things right. I feel like if she doesn't, we will meet again, and she'll be mine again.

HOLYYYY HELL Y'ALL.
THIS BOOK HAS OVER 2 FREAKING THOUSAND READS!!!!!!!
thank y'all so much. 💕
This book doesn't have that much left btw.
LOVE Y'ALL