XV

Ashleigh's POV:
Today is my doctor appointment. I was super nervous, but it was a good nervous. I also started thinking about how much I'm starting to love Georgia. I think Luke had a big part in that, but still. Even though I'm here now, Texas will always be my home. I'm getting used to being a Bulldawg, but I'll always be a Raider at heart.

This morning I didn't feel sick and I didn't throw up, so that was nice, but my lower back was hurting, it felt like cramps. I bet it's normal. Luke was in the shower and I was putting on my makeup in front of the mirror I'm the bathroom. I was wearing a pair of black lace panties and underwear that Luke got me for Christmas. He's such a horn dog. I heard the the shower turn off and Luke get out. He came up behind me and wrapped his wet arms around my torso.

"Really Luke, your soaking wet."

"So?" He asked. A just giggled and and laid his dripping head on my spine.

"Damnit Luke my backs wet now." I said while laughing. He let go of me and dried off. I finished up in there and walked into the bedroom with him. I put on a vintage Texas Tech t-shirt and ripped skinny jeans. Luke put on a V-neck shirt and jeans. He grabbed my hands and got on his knees. He lifted up my shirt and slowly kissed my belly. I giggled as I watched him rub his thumb around my belly button. I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair.

"We're gonna be late honey." I said to him.

"Alright." He said and kissed my belly one more time. He got up and we walked out to the truck. Luke helped me in and ran around to his side. He started it and drove into town to the doctors. Once we finally arrived, Luke put the truck in park and we both unbuckled. He turned to face me and grabbed my left hand.

"Ashleigh, no matter what happens in there, I promise I'll always love you." He whispered and kissed me. I smiled and we got out and walked inside hand in hand.

"Ashleigh Sennett." I said to the woman at the counter. She nodded and we sat down until they finally called us back. We followed the woman into the room and the nurse came in. She did all of the basic things and then we waited for the doctor. When he finally came in, he put the cold blue jelly on my stomach and looked at the screen. Luke held my hand and the doctors expression changed to a frown.

"I'm sorry, but I have some bad news." The doctor said. I panicked and Luke ran his thumb over my knuckles.

"Your baby isn't alive." He said quietly. My heart dropped and I felt all of the color drain from my face.

"I'm sorry, the baby will probably just pass through on your next period and you won't notice it." The doctor spoke. I looked at Luke and saw a tear fall from his eye.

"Um, so you know how long she was pregnant for?" Luke asked.

"A little over four weeks." The doctor said. Luke nodded be the doctor cleaned the liquid off of me. Luke and I walked out to the truck and I was trying not to loose it. I could tell he was to.

"How could this happen?" I whispered once we were situated in the truck. Luke pulled me onto his lap and I put my head on his chest and cried. He started the truck and drove home. I felt horrible. This is all my fault. Once we got home, Luke carried me inside and laid me on the bed. He covered me up and left the room. I sat up and thought. Is Luke mad at me? Could I have done something to prevent this? All of these things were running through my head at one time and it was overwhelming. I started to cry again. Luke came back into the bedroom and sat down next to me. He pulled me close and I cried in the crook of his neck.

"Baby, I'm sorry, but this isn't your fault, this isn't either of our faults." He whispered. I couldn't speak at all.

"Ash, I promise one day, we will get a baby, even if we have to adopt one." He whispered to me with tears in his eyes.

"Luke, please don't cry." I pleaded and wiped his tears away.

"I'm not trying to honey, your making me." He said quietly with a small laugh.

"I'm sorry, I love you." I whispered and wrapped my arms around his neck. He he hugged me back and cried in the crook of my neck. Him crying makes me cry, but it's not like I wouldn't have cried anyways. We both just sat there for I don't know how long in one another's embrace. Once we pulled away from each other, both of our shirts where soaked in tears. I still couldn't believe this is happening. I feel like there's always gonna be an empty space with me that can't be filled after this. I don't think I'll ever be able to let this go. I don't really know about Luke. He has a tendency to not talk about how he feels about something and he doesn't cry about much, but when he does cry, he sincerely cares. This must be pretty hard on him to.

Luke cooked us a nice dinner and we ate. Once we finished, we helped each other clean up and then we went to the living room. Luke laid down on the couch and I laid in between his legs and rested my head on his chest. He threw a big blanket over us. He ran his fingers through my hair repeatedly and it made me more tired than I already was. I closed my eyes and started to slowly fall asleep. Right when I was about to fall asleep, Luke moved from underneath me and picked me up bridal style.

"Luke, what the hell." I mumbled in a confused tone.

"I'm taking you to the bedroom to sleep." He said with a laugh.

"Oh." I whispered. He carried us down the hall and to the bedroom. He laid me down on the bed and then laid down by me. He pulled my front to his front and kissed my head. I smiled and kissed his nose.

"Goodnight baby, I love you." He whispered.

"I love you to." I whispered back. I closed my eyes again and felt myself fall into a sleep that I needed after a long day of crying my eyes out.

Luke was making this a lot easier on me, but it still sucked ass. This all sucked ass. This day sucks ass. It'll get better though, it always does. Besides, everything happens for a reason. Maybe God knew that Luke and I weren't ready for a baby, maybe he's saving us. We'll get our time and when we do, all of this pain will be worth it.

Oops.
Sorry for breaking all of your hearts
VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE LOVE YALL
AND THANKS FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!