XXI

Luke's POV:
It's been a while since Ashleigh got her tattoo, and im still in love with it. We celebrated my birthday a little while back and let me tell you, it was great. Ashleigh's is coming up soon, I still don't know what we're gonna do then.

Today is mine and Ashleigh's one year anniversary. One year flew by fast. I couldn't imagine my life without this girl in it. I feel like if this one year didn't have Ashleigh in it, it would be hell. My love for Ashleigh has grown over time, and I think it's the strongest at this moment in time. I can't wait for many more years to come.

Right now I'm with carter in town looking for the ring I'm gonna get her. She's at home getting ready for tonight. She still doesn't know what's planned, so I told her to wear a casual dress and her boots. Carter and I strolled through the jewelry store till Carter called my name.

"Dude, look at this one." He said. It was a blue and gold Pandora ring that looked like a crown. I thought Ashleigh would love it. I planned on giving it to her as a promise ring, a promise that I'll always love her, no matter what.

We checked out and I dropped carter off at his house and I drove back home. I walked in and Ashleigh was in the bathroom doing on her makeup in shorts and a t-shirt. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist  she smiled and continued with what she was doing.

"What did you and Carter find?"

"Your present." I said blankly. She chuckled and I picked her up and sat her on the counter and started passionately kissing her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. I finally pulled away leaving her wanting more.

"Happy one year baby." I whispered and walked out of the bathroom. She sat there in disbelief and eventually finished getting ready.

I changed into a nicer pair of jeans and a button down red flannel. I threw on my boots and sprayed myself with Ashleigh's favorite cologne. She finally walked into the bedroom  and I sat on the bed and watched her get ready. She put on a long sleeve navy blue sundress and her brown cowboy boots. She knew that was my favorite dress on her. She was finally ready to go and we walked out to the truck.

I had everything in the backseat hidden so she couldn't see it. I had tons of blankets and pillows. While I was driving to the restaurant we were going to I noticed she was wearing the necklace I gave her the first time we had said 'I love you' to one another out loud. That was also the first time we, well, you know. I smiled and read what it said. 8/6. That was the day we met. That was the second best day of my life. The first was when I asked her to be my girlfriend.

We pulled up to the semi nice restaurant and walked inside hand in hand. I told the waiter up front my name and that we had reservations. She nodded and took us to our table. We got our drinks and then ate and such. Now it was time for the good stuff.

I payed and drove us out into basically the middle of nowhere. It was pitch black outside. Perfect. I put a blindfold over Ashleigh's eyes and got everything out and put it in the bed of the truck. The whole bed was filled with puffy blankets and pillows. I bought this big flashlight the other day that sticks to the cab of the truck magnetically. That'll probably come in handy for nights like this.

I grabbed the extra cloths I got for Ash because I figured she would get uncomfortable in her dress. I told her to change into the shorts and my long sleeve t-shirt because it was cold. She hated wearing pants unless they were jeans, so that's why I got her shorts. She did as I said and I changed shirts and took off my boots.

I was finally ready for Ashleigh, so I took off her blindfold and carried her to the bed. I sat her down on a pile of pillows and she smiled in awe. I sat across from her and pulled the ring out of my pocket.

"Ashleigh, I promise to love you, forever and ever, from now till the end of time, no matter what happens. You understand me?" I asked. She nodded and I handed her the little white box. She opened it and covered her mouth. I smiled at her reaction to the ring. She slipped it over her finger and gently kissed me.

(That's the ring lolololol) ^ -author

"Thank you Luke, I promise to love you forever too, no matter what." She pulled something's out of her sleeve and handed it to me.

It was a little golden plate that seemed like it was supposed to go in my wallet. On it, she had engraved in her handwriting, 'I'm gonna love you, to the ends of the earth, to the moon and back - Ash'. I smiled and thanked her for it. I stuck it in my wallet so every time I looked at it, I would think of tonight.

We agreed that we'd get each other one real present and one joke type thing. I told Ashleigh she could go first and she handed me a small box of condoms. They said 'Channel' across the front and the actual condoms were in gold packaging. I giggled and kissed her. Now it was my turn.

I handed her a neatly wrapped box and she slowly opened it, as if she was scared. When she realized what it was, she planted her head in her hands.

"What did you get?" I asked playfully.

"No."

"What?" I asked again.

"A toy." She mumbled with a smile plastered across her face. I laughed and sat her on my lap.

"You can you that when I'm gone." I whispered.

"To bad it still won't be as good as you." She said seductively and kissed me.

We messed around for a little longer and I thought it was time to get serious again.

"Honey, you know I love you, right?" I asked as we settled down a little.

"Of course I do, and you know I love you?"

"Right." I said and smiled again.

"I love you more than anything in this whole world, more than the stars and the moon, everything." I said and she sat down on my lap.

"I love you more than everything too, I even love you more than Texas." She said and giggled.

"Wow, that's a lot of love." I said and started to kiss her. I gently rubbed my hand over the side of her new tattoo and smiled into our kiss. I'm so lucky to have her in my life. I honestly don't know what I'd do with myself if I didn't have her. She's my everything.

I slowly undressed her and we made passionate love almost all night long. Good thing tomorrow's a Sunday and we don't have work because we're both worn out.

As the night came to an end and the A.M. Arose, we'd gotten in all the loving we could for one day. we laid down under the covers and finally went to sleep.

"Happy anniversary baby, I love you." I whispered and kissed her.

"I love you too, baby." She said and fell asleep.

One year down, many more to go. I pulled her sweaty and naked body close to mine and fell asleep with my wonderfully beautiful girlfriend in my arms.