Chapter 26

Warning: Ahhhmmmm... I did my best but I guess... Ay kumanta bigla. Basta... ayun.. Thanks for reading and enjoy!

-Gabby

No proof read as usual! Mabilisang update.

TBTG

---

"Did you miss your Dad so much kaya gusto mo akong makausap nang ganto kaaga?" He smiled at me. I wonder how he could smile knowing that he did something that I hate.

Paano siya nakakangiti ng ganyan?

Matapos kong marinig lahat nang ginawa niya hindi ko na alam paano siya kakausapin na walang galit na nararamdaman. He's my father...my hero and my role model. I look up to him. His opinion and approval is very dear to me. I know that he really wants me to enter politics but I just can't believe that he will go far for this.

"Are you okay, son?" He asked.

How to be okay? How to be okay knowing that your wife is in pain because of your father? How to be okay knowing that she is crying for several nights because of me? I can't believe that I doubted my wife whose only intention is to protect me.

"Hindi ko alam kung paano maging okay... and I think I will never be okay hangga't di natatapos 'to." I can't help myself from shaking my head as I recall all the days that I wasted.

"What are you saying? Gutom ka pa ata."I just continue shaking my head. "Halika tapos na ata mag luto ng almusal ang mommy mo."

"I can't believe that you can do horrible things just to be in power." I breathe. "Paano mo nagawa sa amin 'to ni Ara?"

He just smiled at me. I don't know why but there is a sudden urge for me to remove his smile.

"Nag sumbong na pala ang magaling mong asawa." He seat properly and put his arms on his chest. "Well, if you are going to analyze the situation, she used you to get a higher position. I can't believe that you married a social climber."

"For once, Dad, stop doing this! Ilang beses ko bang sinabi sa'yo na ayaw kong pumasok sa politics!"I raised my voice. I clenched my fist and jaw. "Gone are the days that I look up to you. Wag mong hintayin na mawalan ako ng respeto sa'yo."

"Ganyan baa ng epekto sa'yo ng asawa mo? Ang bastusin ako?"

"You don't get it, Dad!" I slammed the table. "Malaki na ako at may mga sarili akong plano sa buhay. Stop meddling with my life!"

"We've already planned this! Nag bago lang ang lahat when you married that woman!"

"We? You never consult me with your plan."

"What about your plans on helping the farmer in Sto. Tomas? Mas matutulungan mo sila pag tumakbo ka."

"And what will happen next? The whole family will use for corruption and abuse in power?" I shake my head. "I don't want to be like you."

Years ago, my father was the mayor of the town. Amiable yet corrupt politician. I just can't believe that people voted for him for 3 consecutive terms. Little did they know, he is giving bread crumbs to them. They deserve more.

Nalaman ko lang 'to nung college na ako habang nag aaral ako ng Political Science. And by choosing not to run for the congress is the least thing that I could do for Sto. Tomas.

Tumayo ako at umalis. Hindi ko na kayang mag tagal na kasama siya baka kung ano pa ang masabi ko.

"I can file a case against you wife. What do you think about breaching of contract?"

Napahinto ako sa sinabi niya.

"Run for election and I will not file a case against her."

---