Chapter 18

When I was still living with my mother, I will wake up in the morning and spend some minutes looking at the ceiling and thanking God for another day that he has given to me. But things are different now. Everyday I wake up with his handsome face saying good morning to me. Now, I have added another reason to be thankful to God and it is because of him.

Sa tuwing matutulog ako, lagi akong nakatalikod sa kanya. Maybe, because I was awkward to him pa. But every morning I found myself lock in his arms. Ang ginagawa ko kakawala lang ako sa bisig niya at tatayo para mag handa ng breakfast.

But today is different. I woke up earlier than usual just to stare at his face. Like the usual, I am lock in his arms and I think it is the best place in the world to wake up. I saw his brows frowned. I put my finger in between to remove his frown. After doing that, he pulled me closer to his arms and leaned my head to his chest. I didn't react. Instead, I cherish the moment. Then, I felt a kiss at the top of my head.

"Good morning." I heard him say.

It is really a good morning when I have him by my side.

---

I needed that good morning to survive this day. Thomas is oblivious that I am getting my strength from him. I am climbing mountains today.

Before I knock at the door of Mika's office, I uttered a prayer for guidance and clarity of my mind. THIS IS IT!

"Mika"

"Oh you're here." Yes teh I am here. Di ba obvious? Char. "Any reports? Good news or bad?"

"Good news." For her and the company, well... I saw Mika's eyes twinkle. Mukhang alam na niya. "Thomas is okay with the interview."

"Wow! Hindi ko alam na mapapayag mo siya agad. Bilib na talaga ako sa charms mo, Ars!"

Charms? May charms ba?

"But everything will work under my command." I told her. I will fulfill my mother-in-law request to protect him from the oppurtunists by any means.

"If that's what you want."

Hindi ako nag tagal sa opisina niya. Sinabi ko lang ang mga mang yayari sa araw ng photoshoot at interview. Pinili ko na rin ang mga makakasama ko sa team.

"I heard about your promotion. Congratulations, Ara." Sabi ni Tigs pag upo ko. I squinted at him. How come..."Kalat na sa buong lifestyle and sports department na you're going to e the head of the mini mag of the company."

"Ahmmm... Thank you?" I don't know what to say. He sounds sarcastic and indifferent. "Look, Tigs, I am not aware of their plan. Nagulat na lang ako na binigay nila sa akin 'to."

"If there is anyone who deserves the promotion, alam kong ikaw yun..."

"Why didn't you turn down the offer? Of all the people, ikaw ang nakakaalam na I need that promotion." Tigs' family is having a rough time with financial matters. It slipped out of my mind dahil na rin sa dami ng nang yayari sa buhay ko.

"Believe me, I turned it down a lot of times." Napayuko na lang ako. I am on the verge of tearing up. Never pa kaming nag away ni Tigs. I never thought that a promotion will be the reason.

"Nag sisikreto ka na sa akin. Akala ko ba mag kaibigan tayo?" Napatingin ako sa kanya at nakita kong nakangiti na siya. "Ayos lang. Wala akong magagawa eh... Ara Galang ka."

"Tigs, I am really sorry."

"May di ka pa nakkwento sa akin...Sino yung nag hahatid sundo sa'yo dito sa office?" Susmaryosep! Eto na nga ba ang sinasabi ko. "Akala ko ba wala kang balak at kung may mag tangka man ipapakilala mo sa akin?"