Part 2 Chapter 34- Where Did it all go wrong?

"Name?"

"Harley Quinn"

"Real name."

"Y'a already know my real name bozo, I friggin' worked here!"

"Real name."

"...Harleen Quinzel"

"Miss Quinzel, do you know why you are here?"

"If y'a want tough guy I could give y'a a demonstration."

"Now now, a straight jacket won't be necessary will it?"

"-Look I told the police I'll come quietly."

"-After you murdered 20 people in cold blood and done countless of other despicable things, so large in fact I have had to create two files."

"Well.. yeah...At least I'll be in here with my puddin'! Where is he anyway? Y'a got em somewhere locked up nice and tight? Thrown away the key? Hole within a hole?"

"Thats confidential and if you think we would tell you where he is you must be crazy."

"Gee thats some smarts there! What are ya? a doctor?"

I burst out into manic laughter, slamming my fists on the desk in a tense motion which the doctor himself seemed tense upon me doing so. I was not in the mood to be agitated. My brain was like a ticking bomb, tick tock tick tock, one small delicate hit and BOOM... 

they thought me killing 20 people in cold blood was bad, well wait and see whats in store if they don't give me my Mr.J.

Or if they don't help me find where my daughter was taken. 

They know something I know they do, everyone knows something in Gotham, everyone has leads... and who better to go to than the home of corruption and deceit. Arkham Asylum, where my story all began as a budding doctor in hopes of fame and fortune. I found so much more than previously imagined, but in gaining it I appear to have lost it all.

And now I want it back. 

"Miss Quinzel?"
"Sorry doc,train of thought."
"What were you thinking Harley?"
"None of y'a god damn business."

He gives a sigh and rubs the tips of his fingers on the bridge of his nose, a common sign for those feeling under stress. This new guy clearly wasn't enjoying my position or whoever else who had left... Too bad! You could tell he was struggling, all his papers were out of order and his notebook and had some poorly written in scribbles that were barely legible. His tactics were begging me to say something, Arkham must be desperate to give this guy a job; he might as well be working at chuck e cheese. 

"...Please, the quicker these questions are answered the quicker we can help... What happened two months ago that disturbed the two of you so much, even greater than before? We've been studying the pair of you solid. Every news article, every leaked call, everything we have looked at to try and find some explanation to give to Batman or Gordon. Nothing. What went wrong?"
"Y'a may wanna get a laptop for that, a pen and paper won't do. I got more drama in my life than a wattpad fanfic."
"A wattpad?"
"....Nevermind."

"Less of the jokes clown."

Oooh the kid suddenly has gotten hard. Well two can play at that game. 

"But that's what clowns are for!"

"You don't want to undergo some electro therapy now would you? Because that is what is waiting outside those doors if you refuse to co operate; maybe we can't break the joker but we will do all we can to break you. We will break you like an egg Harley Quinn, You will cave and tell us all. Your past, your present, your thoughts and emotions. Everything will belong to Arkham Asylum before the week is up."

And boom.

"I told y'a I ain't tellin'! Y'a can piss off! Just let me see my puddin'! LET ME SEE EM, LET ME SEE EM, LET ME-"

"Guards"

The two men come in and grab a hold of me as I continue to scream for mr J over and over again. They thought I wasn't paying attention to them hoisting me up in the air, sadly for them they were wrong. I kick one in the face and slam the other one to the tile floor, removing the gun from his holster and shooting him right in the back of his head. The room falls silent as I look up and wipe the blood and angry tears from my face. They mingle together in the palm of my hands.

"Let me see him. Let me see him.. and I'll tell y'a everything. If y'a don't let me, I'll never speak, And I will give the next guard nowhere near enough mercy as this fella got. Show me to the joker."

The doctor looks at me in a combination of awe and fear; with trembling hands he stands up and escorts me downstairs alongside the remaining guard who looked like he was about to throw up. He removes a key from his pocket, swiping it for the lift door and as we cram inside he picks the very last floor which was perhaps the shiniest of them all. The corridor is dark and bleak like most of Arkham, the three of us silently stumbling to the final room that was held with bullet proof doors and glass windows. With a nod from me the two of them back off and I pull open the door in excitement, switch on the light to find Mr.J all tied up in a straight jacket sitting on his bed and staring at a wall. The grin on his face was still wide as ever however there seemed no glint in it at all, no spark, no love or care for despair. He was just smiling for the sake of it. There was nothing else to do down here.

"Puddin'!"

I squeal and crash on the bed beside him in tears, weeping on his shoulder after several weeks of not seeing him; He was taken in the day after she went missing and ever since I had been doing my best to make him proud and her too. He says nothing but rests his head on top of mine before brushing his lips on the top of my forehead.

"Any-"
"Still nothin'. They lookin'...they all lookin'. Ivy, Selina, Nygma, everyone."
"Good...She'll come home."
"Of course she will puddin'. She's our daughter."
"And when I find out who took her-"
He gives a sudden laugh  making me jump and then looks me in the eyes, his devilish features coming back into play. The same features that made me love him everyday with all my heart. At least they let him keep the make up on. That was one of my favourite parts about him.
"I'm gonna make them wish they were never born. I promise"

I give a small laugh of my own and kiss him lovingly on the lips. So much time apart kills me, it rots my body inside. I need him to wrap his arms around me, to comfort me in ways he never has before. On that day there was no comfort, only anger, but now all tied and drugged up he was full of sentimentality. Something rare and something I love to lavish in.

"I'll get us out soon"

I whisper in his ear as I kiss his earlobe; he responds with an animalistic groan and I giggle sitting back slightly to look at him.

"Baby you're the greatest."
"I know!"
"Now get out."
"What?"
"I was halfway through scheming now leave me be. There is much to plan."
"Y'a do realise I may never see y'a again for another week or two right?"
"Yup. Get out."
"Love y'a too puddin'"

I kiss him on the lips again then wander out, turning slightly to see him mouth my words back to himself as if he was planning to remember the exact tone I said it in and the formation of my lips as I declared it. He was basically all I had left. I had pam and all my friends, but he was the only one which I could see my daughter in. The only face that gave me a sense of thrill and hope. Hope she will come back to us soon. We'll make sure that she does. He promised and Mr.J always keeps his promises.

As I step out I am greeted by a larger group of security guards all with guns pointed at me; they instantly strap me into a straight jacket and also give me a punch in the face just for kicks. I lick the blood of my lips and turn my head to the doctor with a smile.

"I'm ready."