Old Habits

Odell POV-

"Odell" I heard my coach yell after me as I ran off the field.

I understand we were in the middle of a game, but my wife was already in labor. That was more important.

"Odell!" He yelled following me into the locker room.

"What? Coach I gotta go." I immediately grabbed my things from my locker and ran out. No changing no nothing.

I got in my car and zoomed from the stadium to the hospital. Just my luck it was bumper to bumper traffic on the expressway.

"Shit." I hit my steering wheel.

I called B who was with K at the hospital. He didn't answer.

I sighed and put my head on the steering wheel. I was going to miss the biggest day of my life.

I got an idea. I pulled my car on the shoulder and got out and ran.

I know it seemed pretty stupid. But stupidity is worth it to be the first eyes my chocolate princess sees when she enters the world.

I ran and ran until I reached the hospital. I hurriedly got on the elevator to the fourth floor and ran to the room.

"One more push." The doc said.

K pushed and the next thing I heard were cries.

My legs were pounding. My heart about to give out. But it was worth it when the doc put my chocolate princess in my arms.

Everything I wanted in this world was now complete.

------

"Livy." I looked at Livy splash bubbles that hit me right in the mouth.

Livy aka Olivia Kendi (African Origin meaning-The Loved One) Beckham was my five month old daughter

Thanks JenniOsorio for the name. ❤️

She was far more beautiful than I could've ever dreamt up. She got the best of me and K. K's beautiful skin, and my big eyes.

And somehow she got her Uncle B's plotting and scheming.  She knew exactly what to do, how to look, cry or smile, to get me to do what she wanted. And its only going to get worse as she grows older. 🙄

"Livy." She splashed more bubbles that landed on my face.

I blew them and they flew on her nose. She giggled something serious and hit the water again. I blew them again from my face to her nose. And her laugh let me know she was utterly amused.

"Okay, thats enough fun for you in one day." I got her towel, and got her out. I wrapped her in the towel, then took her upstairs to her nursery to change her into her night clothes.

I dried her off. Lotioned her up and then put on her night clothes. Then got her and went into my room.

I put her in her crib in my room. Which was right next to my bed. And she did what she always did to make me take her out. Poke out her bottom lip, and let tears fall.

"I'm not falling for it today Livy." I changed out of my clothes and put on a shirt and gym shorts.

She would not stop. She kept huffing and puffing. And she knew that would only make me...

"You real slick Livy." I picked her up and she immediately started smiling at me.

I wiped her eyes and kissed her cheek. I got on my bed and laid her on my chest. Turned on my tv.

As soon it came on it played K's commercial for her new lipstick venture with Covergirl.

Livy lit up as though she knew it was her mother's commercial. She looked at me, then the tv and pointed.

"Yeah thats mommy's commercial." I said dryly.

I looked at my phone. No missed calls. No texts.

Livy crawled to my face.

"Lets call mommy." I dialed the number.

"You have reached the voicemail box of... Kenya Beckham. Please leave a message after the tone." Her voice mail said.

I hung up.

Life had been like that since we had Livy. The first couple of months were cool. But as soon as she was recovered enough to work. Old K crept back up. It was the off season for me, so I didn't mind putting in the work for Livy. Especially since I was free.

She was my chocolate princess. I wanted her. But I wasn't a single parent and this house wasn't going to operate as one. And that's how I was starting to feel.

"Stop Livy." I said as she yanked my
Beard.

She yanked my beard again and laughed.

"Liv." I looked at her trying to be serious.

She tried to yank it again, instead I attacked her with the tickles.

She laughed wildly.

"Livy." K came in.

Livy started clapping and moving wanting K. That's another thing that irritated me. Regardless of how absent K was, Livy would just forgive her and light up when she saw her.

K picked her up and gobbled her neck in kisses.

She tried to kiss me, but I just stared at her ass.

"Come on Livy." She took Liv in her room to put her to sleep.

Once she was done she came in the room with me.  She laid next to me.

"Baby I'm only working crazy like this, so when your season starts I can lay back and support you. So me and Livy can go to all the games. That's it." She kissed my cheek.

With K you never know. Only time will
Tell if she returns to her bad habits.

Do yall think K going back to bad habits or is she being truthful?

Also do yall be hearing O in the background of ben's snap? He be so annoyed 😂😂

Its bendadonnn for folks thats gon ask.