You're Hired

Kenya POV-

"O, open the door." I looked at his intercom. He loved to play games. 🙄

"No Odell lives here. Did you try apartment 3A?"

"Odell."

He looked down from his window. Doing the moonwalk back and forth.

Why was he so damn silly.

"Odell this is serious."

"The baby okay?"

"Yes the baby is fine."

"Then you can go home. That's all I care about. Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lawd split ya." He said over the intercom.

"You know what, I am going home." I pretended to leave.

He waved in the window goodbye, smiling super hard.

"Odell." I yelled at the window.

His other neighbors started opening their blinds. He buzzed me up.

"Why must you play so much?" I brushed passed him as he tried to give me a kiss as I entered the door.

"You enter my apartment, without kissing me? Go back out and try this again." He held the door open.

I ignored him and sat on his kitchen stool.

He stood at the door with his arms folded like a bouncer looking serious.

"O, I came over here for your help and I want to get this done. I'm tired. I been up all day working, then dealing with morning sickness from the baby, I just want to sleep." I rubbed my head annoyed and tired.

He didn't move.

"You are so spoiled." I got up to kiss him.

I reached up on my tippy toes and kissed him, he held my waist. "Don't come in my house without my kisses. I don't care what happened throughout your day."

"Whatever." I blushed walking back to the stool, as he closed the door.

"Now what did you need my brilliant mind for?" He came behind me and kissed my neck, then went to get an apple. He washed it and started eating it.

"So I got great news, I met with the head of marketing for Target today. We're preparing for our launch next month. And they told us not only will we get print ads, we'll get billboards." I smiled brightly.

"That's wonderful babe."

"I know. To see my mother's name on billboards across the country is just..." I fanned myself. "I'm not going to cry. Yet. But I want to."

"She'd be so proud. I know I am." He sat on the stool next to me.

"Thank you baby." I kissed his cheek.

"And because I'm trying to make changes this time around. I want to do something I should've done, along time ago which is ask you to be apart of my company. I don't care anymore whether people take more notice of Karol Cosmetics for you instead of me. We're a team in life, and we should be a team in business. So baby would you be my VP of Branding?"