Righting Wrongs

Kenya POV-

"So I'm gonna go with this picture, because it embodies the deodorant line and what we stand for." I was in my office in the conference room at a meeting with the head of Target's marketing and product placement.

"We're gonna go with this picture."
O walked in and sat next to me. I looked at him like what was he doing. He smiled.

"Odell Beckham Jr." Lou The head of marketing got up to shake his hand profusely. "I have to tell ya, it's a real pleasure to meet you man. I have been following your career since college." Lou said in his Texas drawl.

"You're at the top of my fantasy league." Mark the head of Product Placement said shaking his hand profusely.

All of this was fine and well of them being fans of Odell, but we were here to discuss business.

"Guys can we get back to discussing this. The launch is next month, we don't want to be behind."

"Sorry about that." Lou said as that sat down.

"Thank you. Now I feel..."

I was cut off by Lou. "You know Odell we have some things in the works. And would love to bring you on board."

"Yes I can give you a list of our new products and you can choose, whatever you want to be apart of." Mark continued.

All of sudden it felt like the wall closed in on me. Like I had disappeared out of the room. Like the brand I worked so hard to bring to light meant nothing. And it was all getting lost in a sea of Odell. This is why I detached my self from him and my business in the first place.

It's not his fault. He is Odell Beckham Jr. He has been since high school. And every ounce of anxiety I ever had about marriage, about the baby, about my identity was being reaffirmed by this moment. This was one of my biggest fears.

Mark and Lou went on and on about the opportunities they had for Odell. What could work. What ideas they had. They had more enthusiasm about working with him, then they ever had with me.

And I just sat there silent. Drowning in this sea of Odell. But something happened.

"All that is well and good gentleman, but we are here to discuss Kenya. I'm not doing anything. Nor will I be interested in doing anything, until you guys make the Karol's Kosemetics brand as well known Johnson and Johnson. I have seen Kenya work tirelessly here and abroad to create products for both men and women of color, and my only mission is to further hers. That's why I'm here. To follow my CEO's lead. I work under her. Baby what were you saying?" He looked at me.

A shy smile appeared across my face. I was no longer drowning. My love, with his big strong arms scooped me up and saved me from the vicious waters.

He did a motion giving me the floor to speak. That one moment meant so much. It was a reminder that regardless of marriage, children or him being apart of my business, I would never drown in a sea of Odell. Because he wouldn't let me and that was all I needed to breathe easy about our future.

----

"Thank you so much baby for what you did today." I kissed his lips as we laid in his bed at his apartment.

"You thought I came in there to takeover." He looked at me.

"No I didn't."

He eyed me with his lip turned up. "Don't lie."

"Okay I did."

He shook his head.

"Sorry for doubting you."

"As you always do."

"I'm sorry." I nestled my head in his neck and kissed his neck. "I don't have to anymore. Today showed me that. And I know when I went to get married and how." I played in his hair.

"How?"

"Next month. I was going to have a launch party for my new product,  but instead I want our wedding. We invite our family and friends over for what they think will be the launch , but it'll actually be our wedding."

He laughed.

"Why you laughing baby I'm serious." I smiled, partly laughing. "I'm so ready to be your wife." I pecked his lips.

"Now you ready to be my wife?" He rolled his eyes.

I turned his face toward me and gently rubbed his cheek. "Yes because every reservation I had today, it went away in that meeting . And I thought, nobody else is getting my NFL Or Kardashian checks, but me and your chocolate princess." I smirked and kissed his lips.

He chuckled.

"It's odd you keep mentioning you want a girl. What changed your mind?" I asked him.

"I thought I wanted a boy, but then I thought about how bad I was in high school and college. And was like nah. But then I thought about you. And I And how your pops wasn't there. And I said I want a girl. So she's knows that there are men out there that love their mothers deeply. That there are men out there who love their daughters deeply. And I want to correct everything in her life, that wasn't in yours. I know how broken you were over it, and I never want her to feel an ounce of hurt because daddy didn't love her or her mother. But that she knows what to expect from a man and accept nothing less, because I did."

Y'all already know what I was doing. 🙄. I can't help it. 😔

He kissed my forehead. "We got plenty of time for my five boys."

"Boy... No." I wiped my eyes.

"Okay three."

"No Odell."

"Two and it's a deal?" He held out his pinky finger for me to shake.

I rolled my eyes and shook it.

But inside I was excited about the life that lied ahead. This was going to take major planning. Especially since it would just be me and O. I didn't want Brandon to know. I wanted him to be surprised like everyone else. Then I would call him up to be my Man of Honor.

Just thinking about this has me stressed, but if this was a test, this time I'd pass.

So who gon steal me a sign