Overwhelming

Kenya POV-

"Baby it's me. I'm sorry. Just please come home and if you're not coming home at least call me back. I love you. Bye." I hung up and scrolled through the 30 calls I made to him.

I messed up. Big time. I could've cut the call short but it was Target. Do you know how many stores my product will be in if I close this deal? Target is everywhere.

To have my mother's name on every Target shelf in America, on products I not only designed but invented the formula for, would be like wow. Just thinking about it, gives me chills.

I had to butter him up. Make him understand why Karol's Cosmetics deserved to be there. Surely O understands that.

But obviously not, from it being 3am and him not being here, nor answering my calls.

I tried to call again, I heard the door open.

"Baby." I called out and got up from the living room where I was.

O walked in the front door and took off his shoes.

"Baby I am so sorry I lost track of time and..."

He ignored me and went upstairs.

I sighed. I followed him up to our bedroom, where he was changing out of his clothes.

"Odell baby, I am so sorry. The call ran over but it was for Target. They want my men's line. I had to sell the company why I had him on the phone."

He ignored me and got in bed.

"O." I started kissing on his bare chest. He moved me off of him, like I disgusted him.

I sighed.

"Even if I had to take the call, I should've cut it short. I'm sorry I didn't."

"Do you want to be in a relationship?" He looked at me.

"Of course."

"With who?"

"What?"

"Who do you want to be in a relationship with? Me or your career?"

"You Odell." I sighed. "But I have dreams too."

"Ain't nobody trying to fuck up your dreams Kenya!" He screamed. "Don't pull that shit on me. Don't pull that shit on me. I'm not that type of nigga and you know it. I have always supported your black ass."

"I didn't say you didn't Odell." I said not raising my voice, to diffuse his anger.

"But you acting like it. I never made you choose. Ever. When you was away and I was here, that shit was hard as hell. But I said you know what, my girl got dreams. I never once asked you to come home. So don't try that shit on me."

"Okay Odell calm down."

"No I'm not. Because I asked you for one day. One fucking day." He yelled.

"And I apologized Odell. Okay." I said getting frustrated.

"This is hard for me. It is all hard for me. I'm trying my best to make my life happen. Just like yours as well as give you time. But it is all hard for me." I wiped my tearing eyes.

"It's hard. I just hear my mother saying make it happen. And I'm trying. Not only for her, but for you. And I..." I broke down.

He sighed. He grabbed me to lay on his chest. I wiped my eyes, laying there.

"I love you so much baby. Just be patient so I can figure it out."

He kissed my forehead. "Kenya you know nobody in this world supports you more than me. And listening to you, okay, maybe I'm being a little bit spoiled and self-centered. It's just I need you babe. Even if it's for a little bit. I'm just starting to feel unimportant to you. It's bad enough you using Cam little eared ass and not me. I wanna be in fucking Target too dammit." He said play mad.

I laughed and turned to look at him.

"You important to me baby. And I'm sorry if you felt that way. It's just I overestimated how much this would take me away from you. And how overwhelming it would be. But I promise you, I will figure it out." I sat on his lap and kissed his lips.

"You remember when we first got together and we was having sorta the same problem." He smiled remembering.

"Yeah. But I figured it out. And now we're here." I smiled brightly.

"You ain't even 25 yet and got your own company. Me the best player in the league."

"Sorry babe, Cam's number 1. You're 10. It's right here." I pulled it up on my phone.

" I pulled it up on my phone

"Ain't that some shit

"Ain't that some shit. Give me this." He snatched my phone. "My own fiancé don't even believe in a nigga."

I laughed. "I do. I'm just saying lets be real."

"I'm taking my ring back."

"Over my dead body. I'm marrying my NFL check, I mean player."

"I see you got jokes today." He said.

I put my forehead to his. "I promise baby when I get settled in my career, after we get this product going, I'm
Going to marry you and have you lots of babies."

"You better. You better." He kissed me. "Love you my 1."

"Love you my 3."

And I went to sleep in his arms.