Wall Paint

The first day I was with the crew of the Ghost, I was somewhat insecure

The first day I was with the crew of the Ghost, I was somewhat insecure. That was when I met Sabine.

From the moment I saw her, I knew she was a very interesting person. To this day, I don't know everything about her, but that's okay. All I care about is that she's treated me like a little sister, and she's taught me a lot of things, whether they have to do with arts, battle, ethics...

Today, her artistic teachings are finally paying off.

I grabbed some of her paint and started spraying on my wall. It's been a few weeks since Ezra arrived to the crew, and we've been growing closer and closer. While we train with Kanan, we need to work together. During our free time, we usually just talk, and walk around outside the Ghost.

So right now, I'm painting something symbolic on my wall. It's my blackbird, surrouded by a light blue shine representing Blueberry, and merged onto it is Ezra's own symbol, the one on the back of his vest.

"Nice gesture," I hear Sabine saying.

"You like it?" I ask her while admiring my piece of art.

"It's really nice," she says. Sabine nudges my shoulder. "You were certainly inspired, right?"

"You bet," I reply. "He's just... he soothes me, and makes me feel differently."

"Awww, you have a huge crush on him."

I blush. I'm not gonna deny it from Sabine.

She chuckles. "By the way, a message came in for you."

"Dad?"

"Yup."

"Well let me see!"

She hands me a device and leaves the room. 

"Laurel," he says, "hey, kiddo. Last time I got a message from you, it all seemed pretty normal. I just wanted to say hi, and ask you if anything new has shown up. As for your mother... we still haven't heard from her. Well, you know I'm keeping a low profile, but none of my radars or scanners have picked her up. Anyway, I just wanted to hear from ya. I love you, kiddo."

The hologram turns off. I feel nostalgic at the mention of my mother, and sit in my room in silence. I look over at the painting I just made, and realize something. Maybe Ezra will understand... but I don't wanna trigger painful feelings for him either. Perhaps when we're closer, we'll talk about the more personal things.

I set up the hologram device.

"Hey, dad," I start. "It's good to hear from ya, to be honest I really miss you. I haven't heard from ma either... but I'm still not giving up.

"Anyway, there have been a few new things. Firstly, we've been having more shaken up adventures against the empire. I can't say it's not fun, but well, I'm staying safe, so don't worry about it. But what I really want to tell you about is this guy... don't get all jealous dad on me. He was stealing some supplies from us a few weeks back, but he proved to be a really talented guy. His name is Ezra.