Tension

Who's plan was this again?

Meh, I don't remember. Kanan certainly wasn't so happy with it. 

Ezra and I are missing out on Jedi training because of this, and we're at risk of being discovered...

Because we've actually infiltrated into the Imperial Academy!

That's right!

Ezra had to take the name "Dev Morgan" in order to not get discovered right away, and I chose to go by Jean Vander. We have the whole gear: uniform, helmet (which I actually like), separate dormitories, everything. My helmet has a little orange marking whereas Ezra's has a red one.

Right now, we're in formation in one of the main hangars to perform a test.

"Cadets," the long-faced soldier says. "You entered this academy as children, but in a few short weeks you will leave as soldiers. You will all be prepared to serve your emperor. Are you prepared to begin your test?"

"Sir yes sir!"

I roll my eyes beneath my helmet. I'm standing right beside Ezra, and wonder if he's doing the same thing.

After all, we have similar reasons as to why we hate the empire.

"At ease!"

Now we're free to move around before our test actually begins. Some of us take off our helmets. I move up to Ezra; we've been staying close most of the time. 

Ezra stares at his helmet. "I really don't like this."

"Neither do I," I tell him. Both of us phase out for a moment, until we can hear a 'friend' of ours calling.

"Dev?" He says. "Dev Morgan, you in there?"

His name is Jai. He's Ezra's height and he has brown hair forming a smooth bowl over his head.

"Heh, yeah," Ezra reacts. "Dev Morgan, that's me."

"We're not getting nervous, are we?" Jai teases him.

Ezra chuckles. "You're telling that to the champion of the last four days."

"But today I smell victory."

"You said that yesterday, too."

Ezra and Jai start to nudge each other playfully. In my mind, I go "aww!" at the sight. Ezra's just so cute!

Then, the floor we're on starts to move down

"You are all now entering the Well, cadets," the general says. "You must climb back up using any means necessary. The winners will recieve the prize of serving as Imperial Aces, those who lose will serve Taskmaster Grint."

Ah, yeah, Grint's the disgusting guy who's always next to this long-faced general dude.

"I'm taking that prize!" Jai says happily.