"Okay."

"How old are you?"

"Seventeen."

"Do you live at home?"

"Yes."

"With both parents?"

"Yes."

"Where do you attend school?"

"OFA."

"Grade?"

"Twelve."

"Gender?"

"Male?"

"Sex?"

"Male, again."

"Do you remember what happened?" Doctor Rey asked me and this is where it took me about six beats to speak.

"There was.. An accident I think." I said. "It was snowy and I was cold and Mark came and got me and we were driving. He asked where he should take me and when I answered something hit us and - oh my god!" I sat up quickly and ignored the pain that shot through my body. The sudden raise in my voice startled the doctor and she was immediately alert. "Where is Mark?!"

"Mr. Fischbach?" She asked me and I nodded quickly. "He's fine, don't strain yourself Sean."

I let out a sigh and leaned back slowly. "Jack. Please don't call me Sean."

"Well, alright." Doctor Rey said before continuing. "You were right about the accident, and despite the car being flipped all sorts of different ways, you managed to come out almost entirely alright. You have cuts and bruises and we had to take a few shards of glass from your arm. Your wrist looks like it could be sprained and it would appear you have whiplash."

"What about Mark?" I asked and I hated the fact that I sounded like a child. She just told me he was alright, wasn't that enough?

"Well, let me see.." She spoke and tapped a pen against her chin as she thought about it. "Uh, broken bones, some gashes that required stitching, there was one other thing too.. Oh no, I'm thinking of the other car."

"Are they alright?" I asked quietly, I hadn't even thought about the other car. "What happened?"

"They're in intensive care." The doctor told me. "We don't know how stable they are. You probably know her, girl that goes to school with you. I wanna say her name was Emily."

"E-Emily..?" I went wide eyed when I heard the name. She nodded and I said nothing else, but instead, I started crying which immediately made the doctor on edge. "Jack, is everything alright?" She asked me. I said nothing in return. "Do you want me to get anything for you? Or get anyone? I'm sure your mother will be here soon."

"I don't want her in here" I sniffled and wiped my snot on my hand. "I wanna be alone."

"Are you sure?" She asked me. There was a long pause in which I said nothing. "Do you want to see Mark?"

"I can?" I asked wide eyed.

"Not right this second, but within a couple of hours, sure." She said. "Like I said, you're mainly bumps and bruises. You might get a little dizzy due to the whiplash though. I'm going to give you some over the counter pain medicines, and we'll see how you feel then. Okay?" I nodded my head. "I'll be back soon."

She left the room and I fiddled with my hands on my lap. I was surprised that a doctor was going to come back, after all, tending to the patients was for the nurses, was it not?

Looking out the window I could still see the darkness outside, looking at the clock it told me it was only four in the morning. Had I only been out for about an hour? When was the sun going to come up?