1.6

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Mark: Monday, 11 December
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I had a shit day.

I had a really shitty day.

I had only just gotten into class when I heard Wade speaking about me to a girl. "Yeah, Mark's dating some high school kid. It's gross, right?" The girl saw me standing behind Wade and looked as if she wanted to say something, but didn't. Instead she just kind of nodded. "Not to mention, he's stupid as all hell. I swear sometimes I don't know what Mark is doing with himself. Who dates a student?"

"Got something to say, Wade?" I said with a snarl and my hands held in tight fists.

So that is why I am here, storming up towards my apartment. Shaking my head in disbelief. When I walked in, I slammed the door shut and let out a sharp scream of frustration. I walked up the stairs, grumbling cuss words as I went and I threw the door open screaming "Fucking Christ!" Which caused the little green haired boy on my bed to jump up and I stood wide eyed.

"Oh.. Jack, I.. I didn't know you were here." I said quietly.

"What were you yelling about?" Jack asked as he sat back down on my bed. "I could hear you downstairs."

I didn't say anything because I really didn't want to. I let out a few more muddled curse words and threw my bag off to the side as I ran a hand through my hair. I paced back and forth and Jack watched me. Then something clicked in my brain. "How did you get in here?"

"You leave the key in the plant." Jack rolled his eyes. "There's no way I wouldn't find it."

"Right but.."

"It took me at least three hours to actually go to the right apartment, but here I am." Jack shrugged.

"It took you three hours? How?" I asked. "Are you being serious?" Jack nodded. "What about school? Did you go?"

"Nope." Jack said, popping the 'p'. "Anyways, what's going on? You're yelling like a madman."

"Because I'm so.." I held my hands as if I was about to crush the skull of someone, which I wanted to do. "Agh! I'm so fucking pissed!" The raise in my voice made Jack a little shocked and so I took a deep breath, trying to collect my mood swing. "Sorry.." I said and sat down on the edge of the bed.

Jack reached out and put his hands on my shoulders and I slapped him off of me. "Don't fucking touch me."

"What the hell did I do?" Jack sighed. "Are you mad because I came in here?"

"No, but just.. Don't. Not right now." I said and rested my head in my hands. "I don't know what to do."

"What happened, Mark?" Jack asked.

"Wade is running around school and telling everyone I'm disgusting for wanting to date you." I admitted easily. "I caught him in the action and he didn't even fucking care." Then I felt my eyes beginning to well with tears. "Why would he say that? He really wanted to be with you on Friday, why is he saying this now?"

"Mark, relax. It'll work out." Jack said softly as he took the time to lean over me so that his arms dangled out in front. He kissed my cheek and I didn't believe a word he said.

"Easy for you to say from your position." I said quietly.

"Baby," Jack cooed in my ear and I didn't react at all. "Markimoo, I love you."

"Shut up." I told him sourly.

Jack sat back and let out a huff. "Seriously? I tell you that I love you and you say to shut up."

"Y-You don't mean it." I said quietly and I stood up. I'm sure Jack heard me and maybe I wanted him to, but I didn't give him the chance as I walked downstairs into the kitchen. What was I going to do when Wade got home? Did Bob feel the same way that Wade did? What if they kicked me out? I could be all alone and..

I broke down. I let out a choked sob as I slid down the far wall of the kitchen, covering my face with my hands. I wanted to curl up into a ball and die, my friends were all turning on me one by one. Jack would leave me and I was going to alone.

I was going to be alone.

It was always my biggest fear, which was odd because in reality, I was a loner. I was a loner more than anyone knew or even cared to know and I never knew what to do with myself.

I didn't know what to do.

"Are you done pissing around?" Jack asked as he walked in the room and crouched next to me. "Why are you so worried about what Wade is doing?"

"Because I thought he was my friend but I guess not." I let out a huff of air as I wiped my face. "It just hurts, Jack. To think because of nothing he's not."

Jack sat against the wall and picked up my hand and entwined my fingers in his own. I watched him carefully and I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Jack. I shouldn't have been mean to you, you only wanted to help."

"It's okay." Jack shrugged. "I'll forgive you. I need you after all."

"Heh, you don't need me. I'm pathetic." I shook my head and I felt Jack's finger under my chin as he turned my head to his.

"You're not. And stop worrying because it'll be okay. No matter what happens I'm going to be right here." Jack said. And the moment he finished the door swung open and Jack and I got up, walking into the living room to see Bob and Wade.

I was surprised to see Wade acting like nothing had happened at all. "Hey Mark." He greeted. "I see Jack is here."

"I invited myself, don't worry about it asshole." Jack immediately spat out which cause a stir in both Bob and Wade. "How can you talk such horse shit about your friend and then act like none of it ever happened?"

"He'll live, it's true anyways." Wade shrugged. "Even Bob agrees with me, right dude?"

"Agree with you on what?" Bob asked. "What's going on?"

"Mark is throwing a little tantrum because I've revealed just how disgusting it is for him to be dating a high school student." Wade shrugged.

"What? It's not like he's dating a fourteen year old. Jack is practically an adult. I really like Jack too. What's your problem, dude?" Bob asked.

"Nothing." Wade rolled his eyes.

"Well then stop being an ass, Wade!" Bob snapped at him. "Christ.. You're acting like a big baby! You're more immature than Jack is!"

Wade at this point looked as if he reached the breaking point. He kept his hands in tight fists and turned his head to Jack, pulling on his collar so they were close, he whispered something before taking off out of the apartment.

"What'd he say to you?" I asked Jack who was standing in shock.

"Uh.. I.." Jack trailed off. I was becoming worried by each sound coming from his mouth. "I would rather not discuss it."

I respected it but didn't really have it in me to accept it. Everything was such a mess right now, and I wanted to sleep until it was all over.

"I'm going to bed." I announced and gained a bit of rebuttal.

"Mark it's not even five." Jack spoke up. I told him I didn't care. "Do you want me to go with you?" I repeated my previous statement and Jack followed me into my room. He held onto me as I laid down, I could feel my mind drifting even though Jack fell asleep before I did.

I just wanted everything to be over.

~AN

I feel like how I feel in my real life - and also the weather - impacts how I write chapters. When I started this chapter three days ago, I was in a really crappy mood. And then when it felt like it had resolved something else was brought up and I'm just really at a loss of what to do at this point.

This week is lasting forever and I have no idea what to do with myself.

At least Pokémon Sun and Moon comes out in like two days and I can just play all thanksgiving break..

Rinny