0.6

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Wednesday, 30 November
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I was so relieved to see Mark come back into the living room. I didn't hate Wade or Bob but there was no point in them to try explaining this to me, I got my grades other ways.

"I think I'm done." I said and closed my book.

"That assignment is due tomorrow." Mark told me with a cocked eyebrow. "You're just gonna take the zero on it?"

"No." I said with a shrug. "But I've gotta go. I have other things to attend to."

"Come on then. I'll take you home." Mark said. I followed him out the door and when we were in the hallway I admitted I wasn't going home. "I figured."

Mark let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose as he spoke. "Jack, you're valedictorian?"

"Yeah, what of it?" I asked.

"I know how you've been getting those grades." Mark and I stepped in front of the elevator and waited for it. "You're going to have me as a sub for a little longer and you're not getting grades like that for doing favors."

I froze in my spot. "Who told you I did that?"

"A reliable source." Mark shrugged as he scratched his chin. "I'm serious Jack, you can't do that kind of stuff. You're seventeen."

"And I've been doing it since I was fourteen." I admitted. "I've had perfect grades every year of high school. Except for when you came around."

"Even if I allowed that kind of thing, I don't believe you deserve that title." I told him with a glare. We stepped into the elevator and I slammed Mark into the wall, making him go wide eyed. He was a little taller than I was so it was hard to be intimidating.

"Are you sure I can't get grades this way?" I said in a low voice as I leaned forward and kissed his neck. Mark let out a moan before pushing me back. He was red in the face and I don't know if he was embarrassed or angry.

"W-What did I tell you about that kind of thing!?" Mark snapped at me. I was wide eyed. "I don't want any more of it! I swear all you teenagers are the same way! If I could only get through one day without being sexually assaulted!"

I found myself growing a little annoyed. "Who else did it?"

"I'm not saying it."

"It was Emily, wasn't it!?" I shouted. "That little bitch!"

"Jack! Language!" Mark hissed at me.

"What'd she do for you?" I said. My voice dropping in volume.

"Nothing I wouldn't let her do anything." Mark let out a sigh. "I don't fuck my students, sorry."

"No swearing Mark." I smirked at him. "I mean, unless that's something you want to do." Mark looked even angrier at me.

"I can't believe that you are like this.. Why would I ever help you!?"  He snapped at me. "You deserve to fail!"

I felt my eyes grow wide. "I-I'm sorry Mark."

"You're not sorry, you're so insincere about everything!" Mark huffed. "You only say your sorry so I'll be more willing to give you good grades."

The elevator opened and Mark walked out in the lobby and into the parking lot with me close behind. He got in the car and I got in too. "Where are you going?"

"You're actually going to take me there?" I asked.

"Yeah, so just fucking tell me." Mark snapped, looking quite annoyed.

"I..I don't know if I want to drive with you. You're really angry -"

"Where are we going, Sean!?" He yelled at me and I felt myself freeze up before answering. "Thank you."

Mark didn't channel his rage into his driving, which I was thankful for. But he was looking at the house in front of us with disbelief. He parked across the street and locked the door before I could climb out. "This is Mrs. Hayes house."

"Yeah, I know." I shrugged.

"She is a forty year old woman who is married with children." Mark said. "Why are you a home wrecker?"

"Because I want good grades." I said. "How'd you know this was her house?" I watched Mark's face turn a little red and cocked an unamused eyebrow. "You're seriously judging me for it when you've done it?"

"I-I didn't do it!" Mark stuttered. "I.. I was really bad at writing essays and she said I should go to her house and get help." I could see the tears welling in Mark's eyes. "We didn't do anything, she suggested it.. She said she would give me an A if I didn't say anything."

"Huh. So you went here?" I asked.

"Well, yeah." Mark nodded. "I swear I never knew all these teachers did things like this."

"Well I'm going to be late if I don't go. She goes to bed early." I said. "So if you would please, unlock the car."

Mark unlocked it, but he didn't look very happy. I got out and the moment I shut the door he drove off.

I let out a sigh, I really wanted to get along with Mark. I wanted a good grade but I thought I would be easier to manipulate him. Clearly it's not. And clearly I wasn't the only one trying.

The next day, I walked right up to Emily at her locker and spoke up. "So, heard you were trying to get Mr. Fischbach to sleep with you?" 

"Yeah, he's hot." She shrugged, her friends beside her giggled a little. They were all just like her. "What about you? You called him gorgeous on the first day. I'm pretty sure he's not into guys."

I laughed a little bit. "Don't worry about me, Emily. I'm going to beat you to him. Whether he's a sub or not. It's not about the grade, I just want to show you up."

Emily smiled, and looked very amused. "You're going to bet on this? What do I get if you're wrong?"

"What do you want?" I folded my arms.

"Hmm. I want you to admit that all of your grades you got by cheating. And that you're not really top of the class." Emily said. "And said.. you've been cheating off me and stealing my work. That it rightfully all belonged to me."

"Are you serious?" I asked. She nodded. "Fine, if you lose. You have to.. Make an announcement that you have STDs."

"But I don't -"

"Don't care." I shook my head. "I want to see what all of the football jocks say when they no longer wanna screw around with an infected girl."

"Fine, you're on McLoughlin." She held out her hand I shook it. I was going to win this bet if it killed me.

~AN

I don't really know what to say.. Hm...

Rinny!