2.3

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Sunday, 17 December
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

A/N: I received a request to say that there is a semi-triggering scene in this chapter and I think whatever I do to make people feel more comfortable is something I should do as long as it doesn't effect the plot. So I'm going to tell you there is a car accident in this chapter so please read with the upmost caution.

The slow and steady beat of a heart like drums. I miss the drums. The bass that kept rhythm in my life disappeared when I had lost all sense of control. When I became nothing but a flirtatious loner. My sour attitude made others desire me, and my regretful decision to go along with Emily's plans made me a badass who someone wanted to be seen with.

But all I could hear was the beep, beep of a constant beat. Never slowing, never speeding up. What I remembered? Little to nothing, at least not about what happened. It all came so quickly and suddenly in a wave of panic, splashes of crimson and shards glistening in the moonlight appeared before my very eyes. These same eyes remain closed at the moment. I didn't feel like waking myself.

There was murmurs that blended with the screams. Whispers of confidentiality. I know when my eyes opened, it would be nothing but hell, was it not better just to sleep until the pain went away?

Comatose; the deep slumber. Also a bomb song by Skillet, but that was about desiring someone so much you would rather never wake up if you couldn't be with them.

Do I feel that way about Mark?

Such a positive impact on my daily life, I missed him even though I had just saw him. He was comforting and gentle. He was always so kind and smart. He was everything I wasn't - he was the man I wanted to be. Would I rather be stuck in eternal sleep than be without him?

I think by taking the risk of hypothermia and frostbite would say yes.

What did I do to deserve him?

Oh that's right, I didn't. He was just selfless enough to come and fetch me from the cold and want to still care for me.

Now I was.. Here? But where is here exactly and what's going on?

I opened my eyes and the lights were not blinding until my eyes wandered exactly to the source in the corner. The overhead lights were off, there was that machine - beep beep beep.

"What the fuck?" I grumbled as I looked around and noticed I was in a hospital bed. I had never been in a hospital before (at least not on this side of the situation), and as a result didn't know what to do at all. Did I wait for a charming nurse or friendly doctor? For my scowling mother to come through the door and yell at me?

A young pretty nurse with brown hair poked her head in. She was short and kind of round, but pretty nonetheless. She smiled at me and walked over to the bed. "Hello, sir."

"Hi." I said with a voice that came out scratchy.

"Can you tell me your name?" She asked immediately.

I was surprised by the question, they didn't know? She must have been able to see the confusion on my face because she explained. "We haven't had anyone to identify you, you didn't carry around any sort of identification either."

"Sean McLoughlin." I told her after a beat. Exactly a beat, I was following the sound of the heart monitor. I then spelt it for her and she nodded before ducking out of the room, I never got the chance to ask another question.

A doctor came in afterwards. She - like the nurse - was pretty and aged. Tall and bony, she flashed a smile. "Good morning, Sean. I'm Doctor Rey." She smiled at me. "We did find you on our records, but I was just going to ask you a few questions."