Seunghyun - What are we?

It wasn't a date, instead it was you and Jay exploring around IKEA to pick up new furniture for your new apartment. You had recently moved out of your parents' house after graduating from college. You thought that it is the perfect time to start an independent life – finding a stable job, a new apartment and exploring the world at the age of 23.

Since Seunghyun have helped you along in the process of sourcing for a new apartment to some interior design, you decided to bring him along.

It was a quiet Monday night and thankfully it wasn't crowded so you and Seunghyun decided to play around a little – you sitting down in a trolley with him pushing you. "I can't make up my mind! Help me Seunghyun!" You whined.

There were two sofas displayed, both white but one was a normal three seater sofa and the other was a huge L shaped sofa. "Well, if I were you, I'd pick the L-shaped sofa," He replied. "It'll really go along with your white walls,"

"Seunghyun, I thought we agreed on scraping the 'having the white walls' idea?"

"But I really think your apartment suits well having white walls!"

You stood up from the trolley and sat on the L-shaped sofa. Tapping your hands on the cushion, you motioned him to try sitting on it. He sat down, placing his hands behind you. "Okay, we'll have to pass because this is uncomfortable,"

You rolled your eyes. "You and your opinions on furniture,"

-

The trip to IKEA was not productive at all. Now, the both of you were standing beside each other, with arms crossed deciding which bed was better. "I like the LEIRVIK. It simple and gives the girly feels,"

"But I feel like the white high bed frame. It has storage boxes which might be helping since," He faked cough. "You can't clean your room at all. So why not, dump all of your items in the storage boxes?" He smiled.

You smacked him on his arms. "Stop being sarcastic!" You whined.

Out of no where, he carried you bridal style and threw you to the bed he picked. He joined you afterwards as he jumped, landing on top of you. The both of you had eye contact for a moment. Without one of you realising, his hands caressing your head. You broke the awkward silence when you placed your hands on his chest, making him stand up while you returned to the trolley.

"Oh, let's go to the kids section!" Seunghyun exclaimed.

When the both of you were at the kids section, you and Seunghyun sat on the small tools, which Seunghyun barely could sit properly on. You were sitting on the stool drawing on the black board while he was sitting on the floor, doing the same thing.

"So much for being productive, Seunghyun," You said, concentrating on drawing your own masterpiece.

"Well, blame it on the kids section and our indecisive decisions," He poked his tongue out at you. You pushed his head a little, "Pabo,"

You continued drawing random stuff when Seunghyun stopped and looked at you. "Can I ask you a question?"

With the tone he asked, it was obvious he's going to ask a serious question. "What are we, [Y/N]?"

You frowned, "We're close friends. Do you still have to ask?" Your hands made its way towards his hair when you messed it up a little.

"Just friends?"

Uh oh. Don't tell me what he's leading this question to something more serious. "You know, I feel that we have been hanging out more recently and," He paused. "We grew closer than ever, we've called each other nicknames like couples do, even slept-"

"Stop there, Seunghyun," you replied. "We are just.."

How should I put this? You thought to yourself. "We're just friends,"

His expression changed drastically. He stood up, towering you. "Just friends? But, we've been doing stuff together, and I thought we were-"

The conversation was interrupted when the manager approached the both of you. "So sorry Sir and Maam, but the store is closed. Please proceed to the exit, thank you,"

The manager left afterwards. Silence lingered around the area and he was waiting for your answer.

"I'm so sorry, Seunghyun. I...I don't know how to explain it to you," You replied before leaving the place hastily.