"And I will flush you if you hurt that girl." He adds with a serious glint in his eyes, that took my focus from the road for a few seconds.

"And what did you even think?! Jumping in front of her in your wolf her! Creating such mess!" Caleb curses, sending me to the hell and back with his dirty mouth.

Pulling the car to a stop in the middle of the road, I unfasten my seat belt.
"That wolf wasn't me, Caleb." I announce, and my best friends eyes widen with surprise.

"Come again? That wolf was you, don't play shit with me! I smelt him, it was you!" He shrieks, breathing deeply. What an emotional freak.

"That wolf was definitely not me. He must have used my clothes to rub away his scent." I conclude, with a silent nod, agreeing with my own hypothesis.

"That's a bit gross and creepy don't you think?" Caleb makes a scrunches and vomiting face before releasing a chuckle for no reason what so ever.

"Wait. Do you hear that?" I glance out in the dark road, something stood there in the middle of the asphalt.
A wolf. With fiery red eyes that flower in the shadows.

"So now you believe me?" I cock my eyebrow at the blonde head who shakes his head a yes.

"Let's shift, and show this jerk what we can-" I nudge my head towards the black beast, with a toothed grin that had no specific emotion.

"There is no need for that." I affirm and open the car door as we get out.
The wolf has shifted to its human self and I raised my eyebrow staring at fully clothed man in front of me.

"Hello, Brother."

"Hayden."
There was harsh tangle in my tone, which had a reason off course.

"Couldn't you find a better way to make an appearance than sending my whole mansion into havoc?" Hayden laughs humorlessly, stuffing his large hands into the side pockets and standing now right next to me.

"I heard you finally found your mate." I instantly turn alerted, twisting fists into iron rocks, and squeezing the life out of my fingers.

"Relax, I'm here to congratulate you, not cause another immature argument, despite I know Connor is in town. That sucker survived didn't he?" Hayden questions with one of his statement smirks.

"Oh yeah and he's now a-" I give Caleb a glare to shut him up, but Hayden notices the interaction we had, trying to solve the puzzle pieces together.
"An alpha." Caleb finishes and Hayden smiles widely, the pearl white teeth on display.

"Interesting." What are you planning Hayden?

"Parents left with Nadia, you have nothing to do here, you've showed your power, now take your ass into your hands and get out of my town." I comment and find Hayden switch his eyes towards me. He was too calm, and I hated that. That's why father always liked him, would he been older than me, he would have gotten the strongest pack in America. Only two year difference between us was a great barrier.
But that didn't mean that Hayden got left with nothing, he earned his own title with being an Alpha overseas in one of the biggest and deadliest packs of Russia. The LunaPack, to my dismay, Hayden was also still Mateless, and the thought of him meeting my mate made me angry.

"Now don't be this way older brother, rumours have made it quite far, your mate is nothing like described, wait let me see what's the right word....oh yeah she's human." I release a snarl, wanting to rip him to sheds. Caleb clears his throat and I look at him, he was pointing to my eyes that were burning.
I close them momentary, gasping for air slightly. Stupid brother.

"Shut your goddamn mouth." I stiffen a growl, my claws extending from the tips of my fingertips.

"Alec." Caleb says my name and I glance at him, he had a look of sadness on his face and I realized I have changed indeed. I've changed a lot. I wouldn't care about a human, or how Hayden spoke of anyone for that matter. I care for Alex. Oh God, no.