Chapter twenty

En başından başla

He says while scraping the back of his head with a carefree look on his face.

Lucy: "Natsu I need an explanation."

I demand, trying to act strong but I wasn't even sure of how I felt right now.

Natsu: "Not now Luce, I'm tired."

He ignores my demand as he goes back to the position he was in before. Folding his arms behind his head he closes his eyes.

Lucy: "But Natsu-..."

I say while looking at him.

Natsu: "I said not now."

He says in an irritated tone as he gives me a look I never seen before from him.

"..."

I stay quiet as I felt a glossy layer of tears cover my eyes. Standing up I ran off, not letting any tear of mine escape before his eyes. Running past everyone I hear a few of them call my name but I ignore their calls. I couldn't face them...not like this.

When I'm as far away from him and all of my friends I find an empty booth and lock the door behind me. Sitting down on one of the two seats in the private booth I look out the window. I didn't want to cry but I felt like I had to... To let everything out.

~~~~~~Flash back~~~~~~

Sting: "He betrayed me..."

I manage to hear Sting say under his breath, leaving me even more confused then I already was. Who's 'He'?

Lucy: "Who?"

Sting: "...Natsu."

Did my ears play a trick on me? I could've sworn he said Natsu's name. I laugh nervously as I look at Sting hoping he didn't say what I heard.

Lucy: "W-What..?"

Sting: "He lied to me...he lied to you."

Sting says while taking a step towards me. Hurt could be heard in his voice.

Lucy: "Sting...what are you talking about?"

Sting: "Months ago Natsu and I had a conversation. In that conversation he agreed to put all the competition we had over everything aside."

I took a step back as I heard his words. I didn't want to understand any of this anymore I just wanted to be out of all of this but it seems in in way to deep already. It was too late for me to turn back now.

Lucy: "What does any of that have to do with me..?"

Sting: "On that same day I confessed to him how I felt towards you. I asked him if he felt the same for you and he said in a serious tone that he didn't."

Sting was being honest...too honest. I didn't want to listen to this. I wanted it to be over. I couldn't believe what he was saying. H-How could Natsu not tell me any of this..? He's supposed to be my best friend... I thought as I took another step back and speak up.

Lucy: "S-Stop....Sting..."

Sting: "Lucy...I'm sorry but you must hear the truth."

Lucy: "..."

Inside a part of me begged him to stop talking but the other part needed to know it all. My own mind and heart were in a conflict now. What was I supposed to do?

Sting: "Natsu stated he had no love interests towards you and that he would never try to touch you in a loving way. He said I was free to win you over but..."

Lucy: "But..?"

Sting: "Ever since we met at the train station he's been acting as if this was all a game. Touching you in the way he promised he never would and blocking my path. Now you're his but his intentions aren't the slightest pure."

His words...their sharp ends dug into my chest. I felt my stomach turn and myself feel weak. I knew Natsu didn't love me but I didn't want to admit he felt nothing at all for me. Even though I knew this...I couldn't help but feel hurt.

Lucy: "Sting..."

Sting: "I'm sorry Lucy but he's using you as his pawn just to get to me."

I was aware Natsu using me but only to help Gray and Juvia...not this... I wasn't aware of this... Was he using me for a good deed..? Or...was it all a game in his head..? Did he just want to anger Sting..? Is it a competition..? All of these questions swirled around in my head like a tornado or a whirlpool, causing me to have a headache.

I trust Sting...but I had to trust Natsu... He wouldn't do this to me...especially when he knew I used to have feelings for Sting... If he knew Sting liked me...he would've told me...right?

Lucy: "You're wrong... He wouldn't do that to me...Natsu is my best friend."

Sting: "Lucy..."

Sting called my named softly while placing his warm hands on my now nervous, shaking, shoulders.

Lucy: "Natsu wouldn't lie to me..."

Sting: "If you don't believe me...then ask him yourself..."

~~~~End of flashback~~~~

Lucy: "Why wouldn't you answer my question..? Natsu..?"

I asked in the empty room as I covered my eyes with the back of my hand and shed a small tear. He lied...but why..?

🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼

Here's another chapter guys! I know it's sorta short but I hope you all like it! I'll try to update every Wednesday to finally have a schedule and not leave you guys hanging. 😓I know it must be annoying waiting for me to publish a next chapter but atleast now you guys sorta know when I'll publish. 😅 Until then!

Votes ⭐️

Comments 📲

Show some 💙