Eighty Eight

"I'm sorry." Johnny silently commented as he pulled his shirt back on.

Valerie laying still and in a frozen daze said nothing. Her mind in a complete darkened haze with no glint of light in it whatsoever.

"You didn't fight me, so I think you wanted it too." He mused out in an attempt to justify what he had done, he shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know, I just, I hope we can still be friends." He mumbled to her although he knew there was no chance, and now he was consumed by guilt.

He glanced in her direction once before he decided to leave.

Valerie gazed around the living room before she drew her legs into her chest and lightly hung her head on her knees.

//

Nick was laying perfectly still on his bed, his phone up to his ear and his body wrapped around a warm blanket.

He was eager to hear her voice. He hadn't seen her in a total of two days because he wanted to make sure that he could either call or go to her without the fear of being heard or followed.

She didn't answer the first call and he felt discouraged but called again. After a few rings he thought she wouldn't answer but eventually she did.

"I miss you." He told her right when she picked her phone up, a grin slowly etching itself onto his face.

"Hey." Was all she said and in a low tone, Nick's smile grew, she was probably in the middle of sleeping and he loved hearing her soft and groggy tone.

"Like I really fucking miss you, you have no idea." He uttered with happiness laced in each word. He was blessed to have someone like her in his life.

For a while, he didn't hear anything on the other side until he received a soft sigh followed by a pathetic whimper. Nick tossed over and sat up on his small twin sized bed. She was probably hurting from the loss of her father.

"We need to break up." She said suddenly breaking the silence that had grown between them.

Nick scoffed in pure disbelief, "What?" He asked her wondering where all of this had been coming from.

"I'm sorry I don't want too but we have too. Look, I'm so stupid and I hate myself. I don't want you to hate me too," She explained short of breath and with a broken voice, "I can't have you hate me, I can't."

"Valerie, I don't hate you," He paused and inhaled for a brief moment, "Are you okay?" He asked her genuinely concerned whilst he got up from his bed to pull on a shirt, "I'm going over."

"Don't, I took Meeko and we left."

"What? Valerie we're not breaking up." He repeated to her running a hand through his hair in a stressed-like  manner, "Where are you?"

"I love you, I'm sorry." Were her last words before she hung up her phone abruptly leaving Nick with no answers whatsoever.

Nick immediately felt a pang in his chest, his mind suddenly stopped working and for a second he couldn't move.

He redialed but it went straight to voicemail.

"Valerie, answer the phone."