Chapter Six - Caught Off Guard

Start from the beginning

"Thanks." Kazuki replied as he looked up. "Can I ask you a favor?" He asked looking at David with his puppy eyes.

David gulped. What the hell is that look...? This is dangerous. "It depends, what is it?" He asked after clearing his throat.

"It's obvious that Nathan and Bailey still have feelings for each other, but Nathan won't even talk to Bailey, so..." Kazuki said carefully.

"No. No, no, no." David shook his head, knowing what Kazuki wanted. "Do you want Nathan to kill me, is that what you want?" He said. "It's better if we let things happen naturally. We can't force them to get back together, or less so, to talk to each other."

"We're not going to force them to talk, we'll just make sure that they're in the same room together, to keep things flowing." Kazuki tried to convince David but the man still looked resolute in his decision to reject Kazuki's favor.

In his last resort, Kazuki leaned forward and took one of David's hand, he held it in between his own hands and raised it just below his nose. "Please..." Kazuki pleaded.

This bastard... He looks really, adorable. Kazuki's hands were soft and David loved the feeling of it against his own skin.

David was conflicted. It was hard to say no to Kazuki while he looked like that, but at the same time, he knew that Nathan would be angry if he found out his hand on Kazuki's devious plan. I lost... He thought as his whole body was filled with urges.

In one swift movement, David leaned closer and placed his free hand on the back of Kazuki's head; he then lowered his other hand together with Kazuki's hands that was holding him. Even before Kazuki could react, David pulled him closer and planted a soft and gentle kiss on Kazuki's lips.

Kazuki's eyes widened. David tried to part his lips and invade his mouth, but Kazuki kicked him on the shin. David moved away in pain. As he rubbed his aching shin, Kazuki stood up and walked away. "We're you drunk too?" He asked with an awkward chuckle. "Go home, it's too late." He said before he left the dining room.

David was left with a small smile on his lips. Even though he could still the pain in his shin, he couldn't help but smile. Kazuki's lips were soft and sweet, he liked it. In fact, he couldn't forget about that kiss. He touched his lips with his fingers and chuckled, thinking that he would love to get another kiss from Kazuki.

When David woke up the next day, the first thing that came into his head was the kiss with Kazuki, and instantly a smile formed on his lips. He went through his morning routine as normal, with a slight difference, he couldn't stop smiling.

That smile was only wiped away when he received an email form on of his friends. It was about a rumor spreading in the net. The news about Bailey working under Nathan's team spread, but the rumor focused on Bailey and Kazuki. That article was published on a famous blog, so for sure many had read that article.

There were speculations that Kazuki is Bailey's new man, and the reason why she chose to work at Amanda Velin instead at her own family company was because of Kazuki. There were pictures of Bailey and Kazuki together, most of it were of them eating lunch together, looking happy and close.

"Ivory..." David muttered. There was no doubt in his mind, his fiancée was the one behind that article.

The first thing that came into David's mind was to call Kazuki. He tried dialing the number that Nathan gave him; it rang a few times but hanged up. He tried calling again a few times, but Kazuki would just hang up.