19.

Jade

"Mommy! Mommy! Wake up!" I slowly opened my eyes and I was met by Jaden who was currently jumping on my bed. What's got him so giddy this early in the morning.

"Morning pet," I greeted him and pouted, waiting for him to kiss me on the lips. Once he did, he smiled at me and pulled me out of the bed.

"Wet's go downstairs Mommy! Aunt Wee is cooking waffles!" He said, obviously excited. I just hope that Leigh didn't burn my kitchen down.

When we got downstairs, Jaden ran towards the kitchen. What's got him so excited, really? 

Before following him there, I saw Camila on the couch watching the telly. I made my way towards her and poked her head. She whined.

"What was that for, Jadey? I was drinking hot coffee!"

I just grinned at her. "I don't know, sorry." I was about to go inside the kitchen but I had to ask her something first. Maybe she knows why Jaden is so hyper this morning. "Hey Mila, do you know why Jaden's so hyper today? He told me Leigh's cooking." 

Camila looked at me confused. "Leigh's still asleep." Wait, Jaden told me that Leigh was cooking waffles for today. He lied to me? "And I don't know what's got him so hyper though, maybe its because of the person in your kitchen right now." She told me with a wink. 

Who could it be now? Mam was still away and Karl and his family are staying in his' in-laws house so that can't be them. 

I walked slowly towards the kitchen and I can already smell the waffles. So my baby boy didn't lied about that part. But who was the one cooking?

I slowly peeked inside the kitchen and saw a girl talking to Jaden. Who is this person and what is she doing in my house? I watched them closely and the I noticed that the girl's hair was blonde. There's only one blonde in our lives that knows our address though.  And I just know who is it.

I went inside and waved at my son, he waved back and pointed at me. The blonde girl slowly turned around and I saw that playful smile playing on her lips. As I looked at her intently, I realized that she's just wearing a pair of boxer shorts and a sports bra. What the fuck? My house isn't a freakin' runway, why is she wearing clothes like that? 

"Good morning Jadey," She said, flashing me her bright smile. It's as bright as the sun this morning. She handed me a plate, still showing off her smile. "Breakfast?" I glanced back down at the plate and saw the waffles she cooked. They're perfect based on the color of it. She even set some blueberries on the side and used some kind of tip to write words on the waffles using the syrup. She was just as creative as before. 

"Try it, Mommy! It's yummy!" Jaden told me while pulling me to seat next to him on the kitchen counter. He handed me a fork once I was seated properly. I took it and immediately tasted the waffles. 

Perrie and my little angel waited for my comment about Perrie's cooking because they were just looking at me while I chew on the food. I'll admit, t'was the best waffles I've had in my life. 

Perrie never cooked waffles for me back then so this is new for me. 

"So, do you like it?" Perrie asked with a careful tone. 

I smiled at her and nodded. She just smiled back, but as wide as mine, making sure to let her dimple pop out. Oh God, I loved that dimple of hers so much. But of course, I didn't tell her that.

"Son, why don't you wake your Aunt Leigh and Lauren for me? Tell them that its breakfast time. And take your Aunt Mila with you." I asked Jaden and he made his way out of this kitchen. Now that its only me and Perrie, I could finally talk to her in private.

"Pez?" I called out. She looked at me whilst cleaning the mess she made. "Are you the one who told Jaden to tell me that it was Leigh cooking the waffles and not you?" 

She looked down and stopped wiping off the table. "Jade, I'm sorry. I only did that because I don't want you to be in a bad mood early in the morning. I know that you're still a little uncomfortable around me tha----" I held my hand up, asking her to stop. Why would she think that way?

"Look, its okay Perrie. And its also okay for me if you wanted to come here and cook for Jaden. But it's clear that I didn't ask you to. You're the one who insisted, alright?" She nodded. "I'm just making myself clear. And you don't have to worry about me because if you want to spend your time with Jaden as often as you like, as long as you don't take him away from me, it's fine. But please, next time don't tell him to lie to me, okay?" 

And after that, I left her alone to think. I know that I'm being a moody bitch around her lately but I can't help it. There's so many emotions that she's making me feel and it's crazy. Sometimes I'm happy when she's around us, sometimes I'm jealous when all of Jaden's attention was darted towards her only, and I feel hurt all over again whenever I remember my past with her. To cut it short, I have this mixed feelings whenever I'm around her.

-

Perrie

"Hey there, Louise!" I heard Lauren greet me as she entered the kitchen. I gave her a quick smile and went back onto washing the pans that I've used earlier. "Is there something wrong?" She broke me out of my trance again. 

"Nothing's wrong Lauren," I told her as I placed the last pan onto the dryer. 

"Why aren't you all giddy and happy like your son this morning then?" 

I sighed. I really can't hide anything from Lauren. She really is my best friend.

"Well, I just had a talk with Jade earlier. She told me that it was okay if I wanted to spend most of my time with Jaden, as long as I won't take the kid away from her. I just don't understand why does she keep telling me those things. Can't she see that it's just not Jaden. I wanted to spend my time with her too you know, just me, her and our son. Why can't she realize that?"

Lauren lend a hand on my shoulder and gently rubbed it. "You know, sometimes, Jade is oblivious about realizing this kind of things. She's still in pain, you can't blame her. You just have to understand that she's still going through a lot of things lately since you've came back. She'll come around, just you wait." 

"But that's the hard part Laur, I wanted to help her. I want to take away the pain I've caused her so that we could start a new relationship. So we could start a new chapter in our lives together."

"And you will, trust me. For now, just keep on understanding her situation. She's been through a lot, you're aware of that. She just got to collect herself back." She smiled at me and patted my head. "She'll soon realize how much effort you're putting in just to fix everything. And when she does, I know that she'll let you back in her heart again."

I gave her a small smile. "Thanks Laur, I feel much better now."

"No worries, what are friends are for, right?" I laughed and she did too.

-