12.

Jade

After I dropped Jaden to school, I decided to drive to Lauren and Camila's house. Its a little far but I don't care, I need to talk to Camila. I know that she'll have something good to say to help me.

To be honest, I don't know what I felt when I saw her face to face after four years. Its been four years but she still gave me tingles, if that is even possible. I know I sound like a teenager right now but that's the way she made me feel. We're still not in good terms, and I'll admit that I still am a little upset or mad at her for leaving me without telling the reason why. But when I saw her with Jaden earlier, my heart swelled. It was the sight that I've been dying to see ever since I brought Jaden to this world. 

I wanted to see it again and the only way to make it happen is to fix my problem with Perrie. I'm not ready to forgive her just yet, but maybe I can, just not now. 

I parked my car outside of their house and made my way out then rang the doorbell. I need to finish this as early as possible since I'm still the one who'll be picking Jaden up and its a long-way drive.

"Coming!" I heard a little Cuban accent say through the door as I rang the doorbell again. I know that its Camila. "Can I hel----Jade! What are you doing here?" She said as she opened the door. 

"What? Can't I just give my best friend a surprise visit?" 

She laughed a bit. "Don't be silly. I know you to the moon and back, you need something don't ya?"

"Am I a bad friend then?" I frowned. I don't want her to think that I just call her or go to her place when I need her. No, I don't treat her that way. "Oh Mila, I'm sorry if I tre----"

She held her hand up, signalling me to stop talking. "Its okay Jadey, I was messing around. And no, you're not a bad friend. You're the opposite of that." She said with a wide smile before engulfing me in a bear hug. "Please, come in. Make yourself comfortable." 

I went in and closed the door behind me. I followed her on their living room and there I found Lauren who was engrossed with her laptop, typing something. She seemed busy. 

"Hi Lauren," I greeted her and sat down next to her. Scooting a little closer to her to get a look on the screen. I don't understand anything that I saw in there, maybe its business related. "Whatcha' doin'?" I asked her, trying my best to impersonate Isabella from her favorite cartoon show, Phineas and Ferb.

"Oh, Jade, its you." She said and gave me her famous smile. "What brought you here? If you don't mind me asking."

"I just needed to talk to Mila about something. But its okay if you wanted to stay and listen, its nothing confidential anyway." She nodded and went back onto typing on her laptop.

"So Jade, what really is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked as she sat on the couch opposite to where me and Lauren were seated. 

I fiddled with my fingers. "How do I say this?" I asked myself. I shook my head then finally told her the reason to why I came here. I told her what happened earlier at the park, what I felt and what did I do. She doesn't seemed surprised at all. I bet that she already imagined it in her head. 

"So, I needed your help because I don't know what to do anymore. You should've seen how she treated her own son earlier, and to think that she still doesn't have any idea that Jaden was hers. She treated the kid so well, she played with him and even promised to do it again sometimes, but that is only if I agree. I-I don't know if I should though, there's still a part of me that doesn't trust her and still am upset about her leaving. I don't know what to do. I'm confused."

I took a deep breath after that. I've let everything out to Camila. I know that she'll understand. And I was right, because after a couple of minutes she rose up from her seat and once again, engulfed me in a hug. I can't help but let the tears roll down and sob on her shoulder. This is all too much.