forty

"We look ridiculous." Harry said as he and Gemma stood in front of his mirror looking at their costumes.

"No we don't. I think we look good. This dress is a bit short but other than that I think we look good." Gemma said.

"Why are you wearing a wig?" Harry squinted.

Although, his expression couldn't be seen thanks to the fedora Gemma insisted he wear.

That, and a dress shirt along with snug black pants, a tie, and a blazer.

"It's a disguise, Harry. It's a dark wig, it'll look natural in...party lighting." Gemma said, messing with it a bit.

She was wearing the black dress he picked out, and her own pair of black heels.

"You're so confident about this." Harry chuckled.

"Confidence seems to bring me luck. Are you ready?" Gemma asked, looking away from their reflection.

"Suppose so." Harry sighed.

"I can't believe we're the same dress size." He added as he followed his sister down the stairs.

"Yeah I still don't know how I feel about that." Gemma mumbled.

Desmond was asleep on the couch, so the two left the house quietly.

Gemma chose to drive, which allowed Harry to update Zayn on the plan's progress.

He'd already told him everything, but Zayn insisted they keep in touch throughout the night because he was worried.

Harry thought that was sweet, and planned on making sure to message him at least once an hour.

"Now, which one of them lives here?" Gemma asked, parking by the curb amongst all the other cars.

"This is Kendall and Kylie's." Harry said.

"Okay." Gemma said, mentally going over everything she knew about them.

"Do you think we should ring the bell?" Harry asked as they approached the front door.

"No, c'mon." Gemma said, grabbing his wrist and steering him away.

"Where are we going?" Harry frowned.

"We'll go in the back and slip right into the crowd. We don't want to make any type of grand entrance." She said quietly, not walking very steadily.

"Heels giving you trouble?" Harry asked, looking down at her shoes.

"No." Gemma lied, ignoring her aching feet.

When the two reached the back door, Gemma faced her brother.

"Act casual, okay? Let me do the talking if anyone confronts us. After we're separated, try to keep your face hidden and just blend in, okay? I'll text you." Gemma said.

Harry nodded, watching her collect herself before she opened the door and stepped inside.

He followed, expecting them to walk in and have all eyes on them.

Instead, they entered unnoticed.

Probably because everyone in the room was either drunk or too busy dancing to notice.

"We need to find Kendall and Kylie." Gemma said to Harry over the music.

"Why? They'll recognize me!" Harry said.

"I didn't mean go up and have a bloody conversation with them, I meant find them and see what they're up to." Gemma hissed, linking her arm with his.