fourteen

"I'm curious about something." Harry spoke up, sitting on the edge of the pool while Tabitha rested on a pool float.

"Me too. How often do you or your dad get in here?" Tabitha asked, her eyes closed.

"Not that often I guess. But it's heated, too. So when the really cold temperatures finally set in we can still get in if you want." Harry said, remembering how excited she got when he invited her over for a swim.

"I'd love that." Tabitha said, looking over at him.

It was a bit strange for her to see Harry in his...natural form.

No make up, no fake breasts.

Just tan skin, long hair, and muscle.

Very nice looking muscle, in fact.

And such a handsome face.

"One more question before we get to yours, you...mentioned to me that you're gay, correct?" She asked, just to confirm before she got too distracted by his body.

"I am." Harry nodded.

"Alright. Now what were you curious about?" Tabitha asked, closing her eyes again.

"Well, not my sexuality. Am I right?" Harry asked with a little laugh, slapping his knee.

"Shut up." Tabitha said, laughing whether she wanted to or not.

"But...do you have any female friends? I mean...I know you've got Elaine, but..." Harry trailed off.

Tabitha shrugged. "I like to keep my circle small. I actually don't go out much, if you couldn't tell by my excitement over the phone."

"I understand." Harry smiled.

"Well, thanks for hanging out with me." He decided to say.

"Of course. I always enjoy your company." She smiled.

"My dad wants me to have a slumber party next weekend and invite some girls from school over so he can question them." Harry said after a while of silence.

"We're using Gemma's room." He added.

"Sounds a little...risky." Tabitha commented.

"I know. I'm worried about it." Harry admitted.

"Um, d'you think maybe you could-"

"Oh no." Tabitha said, looking at him.

"Please? I'd feel safer with you there. You can help me if I drift towards masculinity." Harry said.

Tabitha whined.

"Harry I don't do the whole...let's giggle and talk about our crushes, and hit each other with pillows, and prank call boys."

"I doubt they'll want to do those things either. The girls I'm inviting are cool, I promise. They're not....average, you know?" He asked.

She sighed. "I'll think about it."

"Please come. And next time you need a favour from me, consider it done." Harry said.

That caught Tabitha's attention.

"Really?" She asked.

"Absolutely." Harry nodded.

"So....if I needed you to say.....be my date to my cousin's wedding so my family will quit saying I'm a lesbian, you'll do it?" She asked.

"Of course. I can be a gentleman when I want." Harry smirked.

"Okay. If you're agreeing to do that for me, I'll come to your slumber party." Tabitha said.