twenty-two

"I think I'm going to be sick." Harry whined to Tabitha over the phone as he stood in front of the mirror, looking over the outfit he chose for tonight.

"Relax, based off of what you've told me about this guy and how he treats you, you'll be fine." Tabitha said.

Harry bit his lip, turning and looking over the way his legs looked in the black leggings he wore.

Over these, he wore a large dark green cable-knit sweater that came down to his mid-thigh.

He also wore a pair of his favorite boots, but dark brown instead of tan.

"He's not picking you up though, right?" She asked.

"No, why?" Harry asked.

"Well the ride back home might be awkward."

"Oh, no we're meeting there. I'm going to the park with Niall and Elaine." Harry told her.

"Okay, good. By the way, do you have a nice suit?" Tabitha asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, that wedding I mentioned to you is this Sunday at two. You can still be my date, right?"

Harry tossed his curls back before shaking them into place with his hand. "Sure."

"Awesome." She said, sounding relieved.

"Harry?" Desmond asked, knocking twice before opening the door.

Harry froze, looking at his father.

"Why are you dressed like that to go over to Niall's?" Desmond asked.

Harry swallowed, trying to think up a good explanation.

"Um, I'm experimenting."

"With Niall?" He asked.

"N-No, um, just in general. I kind of like dressing like this...it's comfortable." Harry lied, shrugging a bit.

Tabitha stayed quiet, listening.

"Wearing women's underwear, tights, and fake breasts is comfortable?" Desmond asked skeptically.

"I just...I'm figuring out what I like and who I am, dad. It's hard enough without your judgement." Harry said, trying to turn this on his father.

"Okay okay, whatever," Desmond said, his hands up in surrender. "Are you ready to go?"

"Just a second, I'll be down soon." Harry assured him, watching him walk away.

"Sorry, that was my dad. I have to go." Harry said to Tabitha.

"Okay, good luck tonight. Don't forget about Sunday, yeah?"

"I won't, and thanks. Bye." Harry said, hanging up.

He looked at his reflection once more, sighing heavily. He chose to wear light make up tonight, in case he ended up crying.

That, and it was hard to put lipstick on with a sore lip.

He hoped Gigi was still injured too.

+
+
+

When Harry, Niall, and Elaine arrived at the park, Niall turned to Harry.

"If it doesn't go well, here." He said, giving Harry his car keys.

"Why-"

"So you can go sit in the car with the heat on. Maybe listen to some music or something. D'you have your phone?" Niall asked.

Harry nodded.

"Just text me if it doesn't go well and you need us to come on. Elaine and I don't mind going back to my place, right?" Niall asked, looking at her.