thirty-nine

The next day at school, Harry was a bit paranoid.

Well, he was a lot of things actually.

He felt like he'd let his father down because of his mistakes, and he was worried about his and Zayn's relationship.

Harry hadn't spoken to Zayn since yesterday, and only mumbled a few words to his father this morning.

Neither of them knew what happened in the park.

Nobody knew but his sister, and Jay.

Two people that he very much would prefer to know nothing.

"Harrie." Someone said, making him stop suddenly and come out of his thoughts.

Kendall and Kylie stood in front of him, both standing a little too close for comfort.

"Come with us." Kylie said quietly before they both turned and walked off down the hallway.

Harry followed, almost running into Irene.

She laughed a little. "Sorry, didn't mean to get in your way."

It was strange.

Harry hadn't talked to her in ages, and she almost looked like a stranger.

A stranger with love bites all over her neck.

Harry continued after Kendall and Kylie, following them into the girl's toilets.

"Clear out, now." Kylie commanded, making the girls inside quickly exit.

"What's going on?" Harry asked.

"We know your secret," Kendall said, looking in his eyes. "And this is how it's going to be."

"Neither of us will say a word about the fact that you're not female as long as you stay away from my party and stay out of our business." Kylie said.

"What? W-What d'you mean I'm not female? I've got a cramping....stomach to prove it." Harry tried, unsure of what exactly cramped when girls got all moody.

"Look, give it up." Kendall said sharply.

"Just stay away from us and we'll leave your reputation in tact."

"I can't do that. Girls are missing and could be dead and you two obviously have something to do with it." Harry said, deciding not to talk in his natural voice.

"And? You're a male at one of the top all-girls academies. That's illegal, and what makes it even better is that you're the son of a famous detective. Do you realize the amount of leverage we have on you? And on Zayn?" Kendall asked with a little smile.

"And you don't have a thing on us. So play along, okay? Keep your nose out of our business and give up on trying to find out the truth." Kylie said.

"I mean hell, all we'd have to do is tell Gigi. She wouldn't hesitate to tell everyone your secret because of the way you stole Zayn from her." She added.

"Jay made it sound like you were working with her. You told me you hated her." Harry said to Kendall.

Kendall shrugged. "Best friends go through little fights. Bottom line, if we catch you trying to learn more about us in any way, we'll get Jay to take down Zayn first, then we'll destroy you too."

"Leave Zayn out of this." Harry snapped.

"He's the icing on the cake, though." Kylie pouted.

"Yeah. He's totes gorge, but he used my best friend. So he deserves to have everyone know the truth about him too." Kendall smirked.