- Original Mazie: BONUS -

WHY NOT MERRY CHRISTMAS HAVE A CHAPTER

Blood. It's found in us, next to our muscles, bones, organs, flesh, and all the nutrients necessary to survive. But blood, red and glazing in all its glory. It's beautiful, watching a stream pouring and oozing out of a fragile body that was take for granted. It's marvelous.

"Hey M, there's no need to stare at your kill. We have to go, or dad is going to kill us!" Caleb whined. My twin brother, a mess and a lousy one at that. Of course, I appreciate his work ethic of getting rid of his opponent. Nice and clean, while I have more fun.

"Fine, C. I don't get why you came with me. You knew exactly that this was mainly my mission rather than yours." I sighed, pulling my knife from the human's eye socket. I walked over to my brother, also covered in blood. His mask hung loosely around his neck, and he was busy lapping at the blood on his hand. "Put your mask on, the forest isn't always quiet." I scolded. He huffed like a child before sliding it back into place.

Murders. Psychopaths. It's what we were, no question there. Why did we do this? For fun, for satisfaction? Definitely. It was also for the savouring of other life forms. Whether it's human or otherwise. We were...protecting in a way. A brutal and cruel way, but a way nonetheless. A place of hiding in the forest, a mansion. A place of protection. A place of freedom yet understanding. My home.

"Who are you?" The little boy asked confused. His grey eyes looked at me with surprise and I was tempted to run off. Dad said to never speak to strangers, but he didn't seem strange at all. He was just like me! Yet he wandered into this forest with no understanding.

"I wanted to come! Dad didn't say anything about no witnesses so I wanted to tag along. Plus, it'll be quicker! Aah, a new trainee. Will you mentor them or should I?" Caleb giggled like a little girl. Our parents abandoned us in this forest. Or at least me. They left Caleb a year after they left me, and they left him in the city. To wander.

In the forest is where my adoptive father found me. Most are terrified of the great Razor, a kidnapper. Yet, he offered more help to me than anyone else. I grew up here and I'm quite fine. I always knew that I would find my family again. My parents, see them outside the forest occasionally. I found Caleb when I was 16. A year after starting to recruit new trainees. They do our work, or help. It was a society for the strange.

"What was that?" Caleb asked. A loud crunch followed after. Someone was in the forest, and surely they were loud. Whom would wander in here? I only knew of one wanderer that dared to enter the forest. That person was unarmed but young. I saw them, interacted, and we hung out many times. Then, they faded. I never saw them again. I don't really remember much about him, just his eyes and his dark locks. He was similar to Caleb, but with grey rather than a shiny blue for his eyes.

"I'm Mazie! Who are you? Usually people don't enter the forest, or even like the forest. I once saw people cut down trees- but really, who and why are you here?" I was hanging upside from a tree, my legs wrapped around the branch. My hands latched on the branch to keep my balance. I kept my left hand loose in case my backup was necessary. I always kept one near me, whether stashed in my boot or carefully hidden somewhere close.

"Into the trees." I hissed. We both climbed to separate trees to search for our victim. Usually we drag the unconscious victims or just do so in the room, but live was still exciting. We climbed in sync to each tree by branch before landing upon a tall young male walking through. A knife in hand... black jet hair... a sweater... jeans... why was he here? What did this strangely dressed human want?

The boy was quite different from the types I saw from afar. He didn't look as nice, in a clothing sense. His black hair clashed with the t-shirt and jeans he wore. He looked tired, as if he was burdened with a load of work. "I'm..."

He looked so familiar, because he looked like the unknown boy. I couldn't assume though. That was seven years ago, when I was simply twelve. I was probably wrong. Even if it was, I could barely remember my times with that boy. Though, he was my first communications with true human life. My dad isn't exactly the best human role model. Nor is he even human. He was like the urban legend of Slenderman, but less... of a blank canvas.

Caleb and I jumped down behind, trying to be sly. That's a slight problem when someone makes the choice to step on another branch. The male whipped his head around and grinned. He stood in a stance as if he were going to charge.

"Heh, you shouldn't be up this late! Didn't mommy and daddy ever tell you about us monsters!?" Caleb and I glanced at each other before returning our gazes to the male. Insane, obviously. Now, time to show who's the real alpha. I bared my own grin. Caleb dashed forward, getting the chain to hold him back. It wrapped nicely around his neck while my knife was held against him.

"Monsters, hah! If you're the best monsters can get, then you're looking at what people call demons. You think you're tough, you make me laugh." I snorted. I looked at him as if I wanted a challenge, which I honestly wouldn't mind.

A laugh. Out of all things. A laugh emerged from the male. Was he not terrified? How peculiar, peculiar indeed. I was put off-guard as he elbowed Caleb to release himself and rammed the knife towards my neck. He barely stopped and practically choked me with the knife towards me instead. Adrenaline kicked in. I never had this feeling of death about to strike, and I felt like someone else took over.

"W-Woah! Please spare me...it was an instinctive factor of mine to try to kill you." These weren't my words. They were someone else's who took over my body. I wouldn't act so pitiful, yet here I was saying these words. Disgusting. Training all of these years to just beg for my life to a silly killer. My brother couldn't do anything, whether because of fear or knowing if he dared I wouldn't be salvaged.

"Such a change for a brave soul." The male's voice changed, whether curiosity or confusion I will never know. He let me go but I still held my guard up.

"M, what-" Caleb tried to speak. I wouldn't let him, since this guy was far too overpowered than I'd like. It wasn't too bad, as the male ran away himself. "What if this is the guy?"

"I don't want to have to see him again!" I grumbled. I knew I was acting like a child, but there was something about him. I didn't like it. If Caleb was right or not would have to wait until tomorrow. "Let's just go, Dad wants something whether it's that guy."

TIME SKIP

"Where could this guy even be? He's probably not sane enough to remember where this is! It's deep into the forest where mortals barely glance towards." I huff. I was making excuses, it was obvious. But if I wanted to waste my time waiting for someone that may not even come back, I should just let Caleb shower how ever long he wants.

"It can't be too bad~! He probably will come back, maybe tomorrow or even today. I can't wait, someone new and someone probably dumb enough for me to control." By control, my brother meant befriending and asking for like two things. He was too nice to have someone act as his slave. "What if they're like my beautiful Voo~?"

Voodoo, or Voo as Caleb says, is one of the proxies that my dad recruited. His twin brother is Puppet. They have really interesting names if you ask me.

"Whatever they act as, I'll train them. Knowing you, you'll zone out and mess around within five minutes." I wasn't entirely the nicest sister. I could be a bit rude and curt as others say. Wasn't my fault that I raised as a girl with no limits, or kindness per-say.

"Okay, but I'll be the nice cop if you're being the mean one!" Caleb giggled. He was the most childish and feminine boy I knew, but there wasn't anything wrong. I just wish he wasn't so easily led by the silliest of things. He's the guy who would down a virus on your computer because he wanted a free puppy. "Look there he is!"

I gripped my knife.

I wouldn't let him go this time.