- 4 -

"Hey, Mazie. Could you meet me in the computer lab, after school? I found a cool game that we could play while we wait for others to show up. It's not an RPG but it's still fun. It's a card game to be specific. Still fun." Kyan asked before second period. I mean, I wouldn't mind meeting after school, I'll see with Caleb obviously.

"Sure, do my best Ky." I replied with a smile. He smiled back before leaving to his next class.
~

I entered the computer lab expecting Kyan, since he asked me to stop by after class. Instead, I found Jeremy. Being an unemotional person, I found him interesting. Though, he's never talked.

"Do you know where Kyan is?" He looked over at me. He was alone in the room,  sitting on one of those spiny chairs. His legs were bent against his chest, his phone in his hand. His brown eyes scanned over me before answering.

"Um, I think he's going to be here soon." He didn't seem to know, so I didn't push on. His voice wasn't deep but it was pretty flustering to those who had an attraction to him. Not that I did, just mentioning it.

"Huh, so that's what you sound like. I've known you for a week and I only now know what you sound like. Do you not like talking?" I looked at him, a slight tilt to show confusion. He gave me a shrug.

"Not really, no. I'd rather not attract a lot of attention." He mumbled. His phone was making sound effects, Flappy Bird, if I'm correct. I heard the game caused a lot of rage, so I would never known how he ceased to freak out.

"Attention doesn't deal with noise. People choose to notice the ones who make a difference. Whether big or small." I corrected. "So, with a bit of speaking from you would truly make no difference in whether being noticed or not." He sighed and put down his phone, turning to face me. 

"Listen, I really suggest you not expect much of me. I'm not good with people, and there's nothing anybody can do about it. So, just let me be the little emotionless ghost society portrays me as," he informed, looking directly at me. Hmph, does he think I'm going to give up?

"You seem good with Lucas, Wolf, Kyan, and especially Hugo. Not good with people isn't your right choice of words..." I retorted. I looked at him intently, fully insisting my point of view on the topic.

"Correction: they're good with me, but I'm not good with them," he explained, pausing for a few seconds. "Sorry, I'm sort of a pessimist. I don't try to be rude, it's just how I am."

"I am not an optimist either. You have to go with the flow. You're interesting in that aspect though. You are certainly against believing your own strengths. I'm going to need some of that pessimism so I don't do anything rash. Fighting against the school isn't easy." I gave in.

"Hm, who says I won't do anything rash?" Jeremy crossed his arms, a slight smirk drawing across his face. It fit his features. "But yeah, for the sake wrecking this place, I'll keep an eye out for you."

"I don't see you doing anything like me." I laughed. I've done crazy things, those things being the reason I was suspended from two of my previous schools. I looked at the male with a grin. "Seriously though, I bet the craziest thing you've done was talked aloud in class." 

"Um, never done that, actually. I'm sort of an introvert, if you didn't guess. But hey, we're all a bit crazy on the inside, yeah?" He shrugged. "Uh, I don't think I've properly introduced myself to you, although you probably already know enough about me. Anyway, I'm Jeremy, also known as 'emotionless' by, well, everyone for that matter," he awkwardly introduced himself.

"Oh my god, you're ridiculous." I laughed some more, a grin on my face. "Mazie, though you probably know enough about me too. Some girl with wild dreams. Crazy. I hope defeating this game isn't a dream though. You believe in the impossible right?" I replied to his introduction. 

"Well, you aren't the first to have that dream, but you're definitely one of the first to have that sort of determination. I think you have the strength to turn that dream into a reality, for all of our sakes," Jeremy spoke, his eyes suddenly looking down at the floor. "Well, that was unnecessarily profound of me to say," he mumbled, his introverted self starting to come back.

"That's the most I've heard you talk in one go. I hope we can stop the games. All of us. There's already 8 of us, hopefully more will join and we can rebel. I don't want any recruits getting in trouble, secrecy is swore to this group."

"Well, you don't have to worry about me running my mouth, so we're good on that part, I suppose," he assured her. "Hugo won't tell a soul either, Kyan is so occupied with his video games that he's probably already forgotten, and Wolf, well, I can't promise you anything." He gave a light shrug.

"I trust all of you. As long as we don't get in major trouble, trouble is allowed." I grinned, pushing my hair back from my face. "I don't think Ace or Kayla will tell either." 

"Words to live by," he said before turning his phone back on. He really was bad at keeping a conversation, it was visibly obvious. It's like he didn't know what to bring up next, only being able to mumble to himself how Kyan was being slow in arriving.

"You know," I looked at Jeremy. I think I would educate him. Pushing his phone down slightly so he'd look at me, "If you want to better talk to people, your friends specifically, you should come up with things to say. Even random things." He was interesting to talk to, not that I would admit it to him. Jeremy looked at me, a sudden wave of nervousness freezing his body and turning his thoughts blank. It took him a few moments before he could regain control of the situation. 

"U-Um, y-yeah. I'll keep t-that in mind," he said, stuttering a bit. It was cute. "T-Thanks for the tip." He bunched his knees up more tightly to his chest, lowering his head down. I think I saw a blush as well? Probably my imagination though.

"You're welcome. You're a stuttering mess sometimes but have hope in your abilities. Maybe in another life, you even had a chance to talk more than you know. Make it this life." I gave a wink at Jeremy with a smile. 

"I'm going to go find Kyan. See you later, Jeremy." I stood up and looked towards the door. I turned away and began to walk. What an interesting person, I really enjoyed our little chat. Maybe I should ask Kyan or Lucas about him. I looked back before closing the door, a small wave gesture came from him.

~

He watched as she left, a sigh escaping his lips when he saw that he was gone. 

"This life, huh?" he mumbled under his breath, looking back at her words. They filled him with hope, in a way. Maybe one day, he would break free. One day.