- 13 -

Days were so boring without my brother's idiotic speech. I mean, half of his dialogue was simply so dramatic and didn't even make sense. Though, I would prefer that over complete silence in our house. I mean, our parents didn't even question his disappearance yet. They treated me normally and didn't ask when Caleb wasn't by my side.

It's been four days. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and today was Saturday. My parents were out as usual and I invited Jeremy over to hang out. I would've invited Kyan too but he was busy. Who knows with what though... Maybe a new game released today? Then again, he could actually be doing something productive like studying! Actually...

"Is Caleb not here?" Jeremy murmured. Ah, I forgot I didn't tell anyone. I should, speaking how I was beginning to be really nervous. I shook my head and began to pull out my phone to show him.

"No, he's been stuck doing game stuff. I'm starting to get worried though. He said he was supposed to be home yesterday." I really hope he didn't himself into deep trouble. I hoped he wasn't, as he was completely the opposite of me. Someone who stuck to the rules and followed them with some exceptions. I couldn't even think of a time when he stepped out of line. I, on the other hand, was simply a troublemaker with no common sense practically. I admit, I make very stupid decisions that affect those around me. I can't hide the truth so why bother?

"I overheard some seniors talking about an event. Maybe Caleb's involved. I don't want to worry you but it seems important to report..." Jeremy softly replied. Sometimes his words made me stressed but his voice was mellow and soft. It relaxed me to an extent. But now I was terrified. What event? What if Caleb was involved? What would they do to him?

"Aaaah...I can't focus on anything now. What is Caleb's hurt? What if they wound him? What if they go too far? My brother didn't deserve this! It's been three days, what if he's dead and the big event is his funeral? My parents would have no idea! Then again, they haven't even noted his disappearance yet..." Jeremy seemed to notice my distress as he tried to soothe me. Little pats on my head...it felt nice. I breathed in and out deeply. Okay, I needed to calm down. "I'm really stressed, Jeremy..." I turn towards him before laying my head against his chest. I was so tired, I barely got any sleep once I realized how long he's been gone. Three days may not seem like much but it was long enough. "I miss him..."

"Well, he's your brother. Of course you do. Plus, he's pretty much your only true family..." Jeremy laid one hand on my head and another on my back. A hug? I would hope so, as I wrapped my own arms around him in return. "We can look for him if you want, it's only 2. I think Timothy lives on Hugo's street if I remember correctly..."

"No, it's fine. I can only pray that he returns soon." I said, my voice muffled against his chest. I turn my head so my ear rests against the cloth. His heart was moderately paced, not too fast but a bit over average speed. It sounded so peaceful though, I could feel the tension float out of me. I needed it to anyway, or I would have probably done something stupid.

I sat up and looked up at Jeremy with a smile. "Thank you, Jeremy. I'm sorry for suddenly freaking out. I just want to see him soon." Jeremy nodded in understanding and took my hand, squeezing it. It gave me hope. Maybe Caleb would return home perfectly safe.

I could hear the door chime alarm, that occured when someone opened the door. For some reason, my stomach churned at the noise. Was it my parents returning? Or was it...Caleb? I take my hand away from Jeremy to get up and walked out of my room to the hallway to head downstairs. At the sight of the person at the door, I could barely tell who it was.

My eyes bubbled up at his appearance. His once casual locks had turned into this matted mess. His eyes were red, puffy, and turning purple by the second. His lips were previously plush and a soft pink which had faded into blue and plump. His cheeks had scratch marks and big ugly bruises staining his original smooth skin. I raced down the stairs to Caleb, watching his eyes barely being able to keep open.

"J-Jeremy!" I screamed. The male had dashed out of my room to the stairs to see Caleb and I. "Call 911! Hurry up!" I cried. My brother practically collapsed in my arms and we both sunk to the ground. His nose was in the wrong place and his ear was covered in dry blood. His arm was covered in scars and bruises, while his legs weren't much different. I could barely see his baby blue eyes stare up at me and he tried his best to give me a reassuring smile. It didn't make me any less angry though.

How dare Timothy lay a hand on my brother? For what? What did he do to deserve this? Why did he deserve punishment? Was it because of me? Did Timothy get drift of the organization and my brother got the punishment? I was going to kill Timothy, but right now I needed to take care of my brother. My eyes were blurred staring at him and I held him close to me. His eyes slowly began to close, his smile never faded. I tried to appreciate it. I really did, but the pain this caused me was unbearable.

Jeremy had came down to the two of us. "They're coming, they'll be here soon. He'll be okay." I wanted to belive that. He'll be okay. This will be fixed. This is what I was stopping the games for. Not some selfish reason or trying to be selfless, no. It was to stop this abuse and make sure no one else got hurt.

I'm sorry, I wasn't there Caleb. I would've saved you.