So Far Away [Naruto Sequel] Chapter 05

Beginne am Anfang

Itachi’s red sharingan orbs focused on me, and his eyebrow twitched slightly. “Naomi.”

I smiled in satisfaction, but it didn’t last long and soon I looked at him in panic. “Wait, how do you know my name?”

“You are part of the famous Tanaka clan…” He said to me, and it was the only thing he was providing as information of how he knew who I was.

“Uchihas are stalkers…” I mumbled mostly to myself.

Kakashi sighed at me upon hearing my statement. “This is a serious matter Naomi, now isn’t the time to get careless.” He ordered, which I nodded my head at.

At this moment, Naruto couldn’t stand the annoyance he felt towards the Akatsuki for taking Gaara and a growl escaped his lips. “First me, now Gaara... I’ll beat you down!” Naruto claimed, pointing his finger towards the intimidating Uchiha.

Itachi slowly lifted his hand up, causing Kakashi to react. “Everyone, don’t look into his eyes! It’s dangerous!” I quickly brought my eyes down to stare at his feet instead. Itachi did put Kakashi into the hospital… and now isn’t the time that I want to be put in the hospital. “Itachi’s genjutsu is a doujutsu. In other words, it works through his eyesight.”

As Kakashi explained more about that and how we were supposed to fight him, I continued my glare on his feet. No matter what, I can’t get caught in his genjutsu, or faint, or majorly hurt. I need to assist them in getting Gaara back… which requires chakra. So I need to keep most of my chakra intact. As long as everyone else doesn’t get hurt or anything, and I use my sword. We should be fine. I gripped the hilt that belonged to the larger one of my twin swords and nodded to confirm my thoughts.

I focused on my team again to see Kakashi stopping Naruto from advancing to Itachi. He explained stuff that I already knew about. That was the reason you couldn’t look into his eyes, the Mangekyou Sharingan. You’d instantly get caught in his genjutsu… that’s why I don’t plan on getting caught.

“Not only does it use a great amount of chakra, that jutsu itself carries a great risk to your eyes, right Itachi?” My ears perked up at what Kakashi had said, mostly because of surprise.

“You have come to know a lot, and you’ve fought me once.”

“Your eyesight… how bad has it gotten?” Kakashi pushed, while I frowned. I didn’t want Itachi to lose his eyesight… I remember that he was one of my favorite characters back in my home world. However, that was the only thing I could remember regarding Naruto from my world.

I noticed Itachi had a small waver in his usual expressionless face before he closed his eyes. Which reminded me, why was I looking in his eyes again? As I shifted my eyes back down to his feet, I silently hoped that he didn’t notice and didn’t cast a genjutsu on me.

“Kakashi-san, you couldn’t have…” Itachi cut off his sentence there, and everything went silent for a second.

Kakashi brought his hand to his gravity-defying hair and set it there. “Well, I was a bit careless back then, but I’m not half bad.” He told him as I sweatdropped.

“He says as he carelessly looks down at his feet, allowing Itachi to easily come over here and snatch Naruto up like he’s free cake.” I added as I turned to Kakashi with an apprehensive look.

Everyone glanced my way before ignoring me and looked back at Kakashi. “Things aren’t going to be the way they were last time.” Kakashi announced.

“What? You let him snatch Naruto up like free cake last time?” I asked, but got ignored.

“And if you think I’ll be the same as last time, you’re wrong!” Naruto said with a grin.